Tuners

Talk about your Rotaries!
speedjunkie

Tuners

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14

Does anyone know of anyone in the area that can tune Adaptronic ECUs? The date I'm leaving keeps getting pushed back so I have another week to try to get the car running lol. The only problem with taking it to a tuner is having to tow the car there, unless we can get it running with fuel pressure on the PFC. Then I still have to finish putting it back together.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14

Any luck with UPP and/or Revolutions? Those are the only ones I know. Maybe APG Tuning??

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:14

I won't even think of going to UPP. I might try Revolutions, but I'll have to see. I know of several tuners in town, just haven't contacted anyone yet to see if they do Adaptronic. Probably not since it's such a new unit. But we'll see.

Mortose

Postby Mortose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14

I wouldn't go to revolutions if my life depended on it.

is the Adaptronic a data logging unit? if so, are you up to remote tuning?

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14

While my piggyback doesn't have near the capability as yours, I went ahead and learned how to mess with it. If you don't get it tuned by the time you leave you'll have tons of extra time to become an expert.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14

Mortose wrote:I wouldn't go to revolutions if my life depended on it.

is the Adaptronic a data logging unit? if so, are you up to remote tuning?

Why is that? I don't care for Revolutions but it's not because I've heard bad things about their work. It's because they lied a lot about Frank when he used to be here tuning, saying he blew engines and all that and he never did. So I won't go to Revolutions anyway, but I'm curious as to why you won't.

Saul_Good wrote:While my piggyback doesn't have near the capability as yours, I went ahead and learned how to mess with it. If you don't get it tuned by the time you leave you'll have tons of extra time to become an expert.

I'd like to learn, and I definitely need a lot of time to learn it. I just hope that I do have time out there (I'll be serving as our First Sergeant as well) and I hope I can learn it without being with the car.

Mortose

I have just never heard a good thing about them, even before I moved here people were telling me not to go near them, so I haven't. I've known a couple people who have called them and they were pompus A-Holes. Most shops here in town seem less then stellar as far as the performance shops. the one that I know of that does good work and tunes and the whole shebang is RMCR off of powers. But they do more domestic and muscle cars.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14

Oh OK. Yeah I was thinking of calling RMCR but I figured they only do domestics so I wasn't sure. Like you, I don't really trust a lot of places around here. I've heard good things about Black Label, and I've also heard bad things about them. I won't step foot into UPP, but I read good reviews on them online today, but I also don't really trust that lol. I don't plan on ever going back to MAC or BoostCreep (although they're far away anyway), Revolutions I don't like on principle lol...it really limits options lol. And being there aren't any rotary specific tuners (aside from Andy and Dave) in the area, it's not looking too promising.

Mortose

What was your issue with upp? They did a great job on my clutch for the speed, but that's hard parts and not tuning so that's a whole different ball game.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:14

Tuning is the exact reason I won't go to UPP. I've heard so many horror stories about them leaning out the tune so much in order to make more power that they blow the engine, and then the owner is screwed. Plus, their turbo/supercharged/meth inj 3000GT is less than impressive lol.

millertime

Postby millertime » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14

I would hit up Jim Elliot or Matt Vincent (Sick Automotive). They both will remote tune. Matt is in Omaha which is about an 8 hour drive if you feel like a road trip.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14

Thanks! Elliot can remote tune me, but I'm looking for someone local if possible. Elliot told me to check out Black Label Performance here in town, that he's been talking to them. Yesterday he emailed asking for a log of cranking and for the ECU file so I sent him that stuff and he sent it to Adaptronic tech. At one point he told me he saw something that might be a problem and then he said he jumped the gun and there might not be anything. Then I got an forward email from him from Andy, the CEO of Adaptronic. But it doesn't look like there is much help, because he told me to first try starting fluid, but we've already tried that. Either way, I'm leaving in a couple days for several months so it looks like this thing will have to wait until I get back.

coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:14

Try Boost Creep in Longmont. That who is going to tune my 818 and have heard nothing but great things.

http://www.theboostcreepltd.com
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2005 Nissan Nismo Frontier-Supercharged- SOLD
2006 Speed 6- SOLD
2008 Scion Xd- SOLD
1990 Miata- SuperCharged 331 Fuel Injected Small Block Ford V8-SOLD
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty- Current
2014 Factory Five 818S- In Progress

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:14

Post #8 lol.

I don't plan on ever going back to MAC or BoostCreep (although they're far away anyway)...

He wasn't the one that actually tuned my car, and we hadn't even started tuning yet anyway, so I can't say anything bad about his tuning because I really don't know. But I still had a bad experience there and it really made me not care much for the guy lol.

lOOkatme

Postby lOOkatme » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:14

I wouldn't let anyone around here touch my car. There is a similar problem happening to you and with others with the adaptronic. This is a good thing that many people are trying to solve the same problem, as hopefully someone will figure out what is wrong and be a fix for all the cars.

We never played with the fuel start up map. I guess that is how others got the car to start.

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”