Maxton Rollerskate for sale

Talk about your Rotaries!
alpha

Maxton Rollerskate for sale

Postby alpha » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:14

I didn't see a good place for this post, but the rotary forum is as good as any.

If any rotary aficionado is looking for a good investment, I just saw this Craigslist posting for a Maxton Rollerskate...
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/4910955264.html

For those that have not heard of a Maxton Rollerskate, it's a low-production (50ish) rotary-powered kit car made here in Englewood Colorado in the early 90's. It's a 1600 pound tube chassis sports car designed at the track for world class handling. They circumvented emissions and safety testing by offering the car only as a kit that the buyer installed his own 12a or 13b rotary into.

The Maxton forum website is here... http://maxtonrollerskate.com/
Your name could be on the registry here... http://maxtonrollerskate.com/car/ownersregistry.html

I am not affiliated with this car or seller in any way, just wanted to let people know that one of these unseen unicorns is actually up for sale!

Cheers,
Matt
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:14

I love rare cars and rare parts...rare anything really. I'd turbo that thing haha. I don't care for the looks though, but that's pretty common. I don't think there's a single kit car out there right now that I actually find aesthetically pleasing.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:14

There was one of those up at the Colorado Grand...the founder/builder was one of the co-founders of the Grand. I thought it was pretty neat in person.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:14

speedjunkie wrote: I don't care for the looks though, but that's pretty common. I don't think there's a single kit car out there right now that I actually find aesthetically pleasing.

I take offense to that statement..:( All of these cars are kit cars and would own every single one of them and they are all sexy as hell. Thread Jack!!!Image
KIT CAR

Kit Car

Kit Car

Kit Car

Kit Car

Kit Car

Kit Car

Kit Car

Kit Car

Kit Car

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2005 Nissan Nismo Frontier-Supercharged- SOLD
2006 Speed 6- SOLD
2008 Scion Xd- SOLD
1990 Miata- SuperCharged 331 Fuel Injected Small Block Ford V8-SOLD
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty- Current
2014 Factory Five 818S- In Progress

FDEEZ

Postby FDEEZ » Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:14

coloskydiver wrote:I take offense to that statement..:( All of these cars are kit cars and would own every single one of them and they are all sexy as hell.

Don't forget about this kitt car :1a98aa81:

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:14

I should have been more clear. I dig the old style kit cars, it's the newer ones I don't like but I want one that is sporty like that. And it's not that I dislike the whole thing, it's just that there is one or two things here or there that I don't care for. The FD is one of the very few cars that I like from damn near every angle, I just wish it was lighter like a kit car lol. I LOVE the old 427 cars, but I think I'd be too tall for it.

coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:14

I get it, just busting your chops and creating some conversation. I think kit cars got a bad wrap in the 80-early 90's when people were building Ferrari's out Fiero's and all the other VW Bug kits. Factory Five makes some really nice kits and at the end of the day they are building race cars, fully engineered and designed to be fast. As you would might guess, I do think that the 818S (Street Version) is a good looking car will truly be a super car killer. My build is bit mild compared to some of the other guys building them (450 WHP with 305 rear tires in a car that weights 1800 lbs). With a good kit car company the beauty is that you can do what ever you want, make however you want (which can be a good and a bad thing), build what ever power plant you want and modify it any way you want. Factory Five just release a removable hard top for the 818 that looks really good. It is on my list to pick up but will be a year or two before I do. The thing I love about car enthusiast is that even though we all have different tastes, we all share the same passion for the hobby. I can look at any car and appreciate the work that went into it and why someone loves that car but that doesn't mean I would have one in my garage. For me, I love to drive and am more of a function over form type of guy. I bet the Maxton is a blast to drive and could have a lot of fun with that car. The Miata is no different and one day I will own another one because they are that much fun to drive no matter what other peoples views of that car may be. Like I said, no offense taken.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2005 Nissan Nismo Frontier-Supercharged- SOLD
2006 Speed 6- SOLD
2008 Scion Xd- SOLD
1990 Miata- SuperCharged 331 Fuel Injected Small Block Ford V8-SOLD
2008 Ford F250 Super Duty- Current
2014 Factory Five 818S- In Progress

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:14

Oh I'm sold on all that lol. I love the power to weight of them and the flexibility of what you can do. It's the design alone on many of them where I find one or two things I don't like, and therefore decide that until I can find one I like 100% (or at least close), I don't see myself making the move to one. And mostly that's because I believe it will happen at some point, that someone will make one that I love, and at that time I'll make the move. Or not, just because I'm getting tired of playing with cars lol. BLASPHEMY! lol

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”