My 1974 REPU Project

Talk about your Rotaries!
RX-7 Chris

Re: My 1974 REPU Project

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14

That truck is going to be really hard to get traction. A friend of mine years ago installed a 347 stroker 302 into a first gen Ranger and the thing was fun but completely worthless. The truck would just spin the tires everywhere he went and he did have good tires on it.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

vierte

Postby vierte » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14

Ha. That's as good of a reason as any! I had to check out the videos.. that thing looks like it's trying to kill him every time it gets in to boost.. It's pretty awesome!! Not that you need a bug in your ear.. but I do have the machinery to build a peripheral port.. just sayin'. Even have a spare motor or two that I may practice on. A while back I started doing some modeling of the combustion cycle to work out ideal port timing and shape.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14

vierte wrote:Ha. That's as good of a reason as any! I had to check out the videos.. that thing looks like it's trying to kill him every time it gets in to boost.. It's pretty awesome!! Not that you need a bug in your ear.. but I do have the machinery to build a peripheral port.. just sayin'. Even have a spare motor or two that I may practice on. A while back I started doing some modeling of the combustion cycle to work out ideal port timing and shape.

P port huh....I'd be inclined to do a semi p port some day, but who knows. I don't know how much benefit it is over a bridgeport.

RX-7 Chris wrote:That truck is going to be really hard to get traction. A friend of mine years ago installed a 347 stroker 302 into a first gen Ranger and the thing was fun but completely worthless. The truck would just spin the tires everywhere he went and he did have good tires on it.

Oh I know. It will take a lot of tricks to get it to move. I do plan on getting some MT ET Streets eventually. I'm sure it will be fast and not "completely worthless" however

Return to “Rotary Vehicle”