Engine Swap

The How-To Forum
rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:14

So after a bit of talking to some Pineapple Racing and other places I've determined that a rebuild is not going to be worth it esp for the power I want to eventually push and also a swap won't run me much more. I've decided on a 13-REW TT since it's a direct bolt-on to the tranny but I need new engine mounts and other things to make the car think it's still a Renesis. My question is does anyone know where I can find some USEFUL info on this swap? I've scoured Rx8club and others but I can't find anything useful on it :(
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14

Why go through the grief. All you need is better apex and combustion seals, and some quality porting and you'll be amazed at the power increase, especially with the turbo. It's going to cost you about the same money and you won't have to go therough the grief of adapting all the other crap.
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14

Well everything I've read about the Renesis is it's horrible for FI overall and that porting has no real gains.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14

Renesis is amazing. I think you should at least take your motor out and analyzye the extent of the damage before jumping into anything. I know how bad you want it running. I was dieng not having my 8 for 3 weeks and I can't imagine what it's like for you. :(

ImageImage

rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14

At this point I've settled on driving the Stang for awhile and taking my time with the engine. I mean like bringing it to 400+ HP ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14

So you're going to do a 20B then right? You better that'd be sweet and the first 20b 8 in the state.

ImageImage

OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Apr 5 2008, 07:01 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=38539]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
So you're going to do a 20B then right? You better that'd be sweet and the first 20b 8 in the state.[/b]

yeah a 20b would be sick as hell i say go for it if you got the money and even if you dont i say go for it :f2006d1:

Return to “DIY”