How To Install CPE Xcel NANO Short Ram Intake: Mazdaspeed 3

The How-To Forum
deepSpeedMS3

How To Install CPE Xcel NANO Short Ram Intake: Mazdaspeed 3

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:14

I purchased from StreetUnit. This came to me in 4 days. StreetUnit is always a good place to deal with. This is what it looked like.

Image Image Image

Here is the size of the filter if you were wondering!

Image Image

Tools Needed: I got my tools for $23 at walmart.
3/8 Ratchet
9/64 Allen Wrench
8mm Socket
10mm Socket
Phillips Head Screw Driver
Flat Head Screw Driver
Pliers (needle nose I used)

Image Image

NOTE: Please wait to tighten everything up until the end of install to allow room for movement.

Step 1: Disconnect the NEGATIVE battery cable!!!

Step 2: Remove Intercooler cover with a 10mm socket.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/3620695210_72682260c7.jpg?v=0

Step 3: Disconnect the mass air flow sensor (MAF).

Step 4: Disconnect the PCV tube from stock intake. Press blue tabs on both sides to remove by lifting up. I have fat fingers so I had to use a flat head screw driver.

Image Image

Step 5: Use a Philips screw driver and loosin' the clamp on hose attached to the box. Once loosened slide hose off stock intake box. This takes some force.

Image Image

Step 6: Slide the rubber stopped back (towards vehicle) to remove box from car.

Step 7: Grab ahold of both sides of the box and pull straight up. The are no more screws attached so pull up with some force and the entire box should pop off.

Step 8: Use a Philips screw driver and loosin' the clamp on hose attached to the turbo inlet. Once loosened slide hose out of the car. This takes some force.

Step 9: Install the vibro-mount onto the Nano bracket. Tighten the lock washer with a 10mm wrench.

Step 10: Take stock nuts off these 2 bolts by battery box. Slip 2 (two) washer on the same bolt on the left bolt. You will notice there is a dip in the metal bar so you need 2 washers on the same bolt to make up the difference in space. (NOTE: the picture is WRONG!)

Step 11: Slide the Nano bracket on the the bolts. Attach the stock bolts back onto the Nano bracket and secure them.

Step 12: Slide the smaller hose clamp onto the silicon hose. Slide the smaller end of the silicon hose onto the turbo inlet.

Step 13: Remove the stock MAF from the stock intake and place it on the metal CP-E pipe using the 2 (two) allen head screws provided in the kit. Use the 9/64 allen wrench to secure the MAF to pipe. (Dont use screws of stock intake!)

Image Image

Step 14: Next slide the Nano pipe into the large side of the silicon tube. (make sure the larger clamp is already on the silicon tube!) The narrow end with the lip goes in first. Slide the bracket onto the vibro-mount.

Image Image

Step 15: I placed the blue plastic piece from the stock intake on the CP-E aluminum nipple and then slide the PCV pipe on to the pipe. Press straight down till it wont go ne more.

Step 16: Slip the Air filter on to the end of the CP-E Pipe.

Step 17: Tighten everything (clamps) up for a good fit.

Step 18: Plug MAF sensor on to new intake. Reconnect the battery. Start Vehicle and drive away.

[SIZE="6"][color="Red"]Warning:[/color][/SIZE] I do not work for CP-E and I followed the install instruction they sent me. This is for people that dont have instructions. Please call CP-E for help. I am in know way responsible for what you do for your vehicle.

I hope this helped. Let me know what you think and what i can change.
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:14

Thanks for the write up! nice work.....how do you like it?
2013 FRS

deepSpeedMS3

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:14

its awesome. ill post a sound clip soon. super loud.
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:14

Sweet! Glad you like it, cant wait to hear it.
2013 FRS

Return to “DIY”