Sold my E-Manage

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
rx8ghost

Postby rx8ghost » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14

I sold my E-manage for $370 so next week I'll be getting my Cobb Accessport and we'll get to see how it handles FI 8s first hand :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14

Very cool! Did you get yours from MM?

rx8ghost

I haven't ordered it yet. Gotta wait till payday. MM is selling them?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:
Veilside D1-GT Body kit, Axailflow Short Shifter, Innovate LC-1 Wideband, Proshift Gauges, Greddy Turbo Kit w/ Cobb AccessPORT, TurboXS exhaust w/ race pipe, CarPC, Synapse BOV, AEM Intake

Huzer21

Yes, he is selling them with all of his custom calibrations, so he's already got maps in place for FI setups. Same price as from Cobb.

rx8ghost

Then I'm buying from him. Is it through his site?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RX 8 Ghost @ Mar 20 2008, 01:23 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=34125]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Then I'm buying from him. Is it through his site?[/b]

Yup.

rx8ghost

Thanks! E-Mailed him about a maps :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:

Huzer21

He was going to provide some for me as well when everything was still in "test" mode. Now that it's gone into production, I'm guessing that's out the window. Oh well. I'm sure I'll be fine with Cobbs Stage 1 for now.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14

About freakin time. ;)

ImageImage

arctic_blue83

Postby arctic_blue83 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14

Be wary my friend... I think it's a great idea swapping out the e-Manage for the Accessport, as you'll have a larger margin of safety and can more fully tune your car.... however, when it comes to using other people's fuel maps, remember a couple of things:

1. You're not at sea level. Your car with the same maps, will most likely have vastly different AFR's, due to the change in altitude.

2. From the pump, we run 91 octane up here. Not 93. The higher octane fuel, the higher the fuel's resistance to detonation will be. Which is why you hear of people tuning cars on 93 slightly leaner than they would tune them on 91. If he's running 93, even if your AFR's were the same, they might be a little lean for 91.

If you do run someone else's map, it would be MUCH safer to actually have it specifically tuned for your car. How was he able to tune the AP for his car? To my knowledge, I didn't know Cobb had released their street/protuner software yet?!? Or did Cobb tune it for him? Either way, remember to think of engine management as a tool, not a direct solution, in order to be utilized, it really needs a capable tuner. Once you have it tuned, I'm sure your car will be a monster though! Are you on stock injectors?

I asked MazdaManiac a few questions over on Cobb's forums, waiting for response:
http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?p=522993

Don't get me wrong, I think an OTS map with the AP would probably be safer than an OTS map with the e-Manage, just because you're actually touching the ECU's parameters directly instead of manipulating sensor inputs, I just think whenever you have to option to have to car professionally tuned on a dyno, you should. Congrats though!!

rx8ghost

I sent him an e-mail asking if he could get me a map for this altitude. Of course it'll be temp until I can get my dyno tune.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mods:

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:14

once you get this done right, your gonna have to take me for a ride. i can't wait. I miss my 8 and the only thing i wish it would have had was more power. gotta see how this feels.

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”