What Spark plugs are you MS6 guys using?

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14

I am just about ready to do a tune up on her just hitting 30,000 miles.
I know in my Gsx's I went a step colder in temperature. Not sure if that will help me out or hinder me in the MS6.
If you got something your using let me know....Any brand better? Thanks......Greg
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

wyosaint

Postby wyosaint » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

cprtrainer

Postby cprtrainer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

Denso step colder. ITV22 if i remember correctly... nice and smooth on a stock engine. changed them out at 31k- they were pretty worn.

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

i thought the denso had issues fouling with the speeds.... I used one step colder NGK's, but the step colder plugs will only do you good if you are modded enough to need them. A stock setup will not benefit from them at all. They help prevent detonation only when running higher boost.

Rich

Postby Rich » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

I'm on the step colder NGKs as well. You'll run a little more rich with these on a stock or close to stock setup I'd guess.

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

I've got the Denso Iridium ITV22, one step colder.

There still does not seem to be a consensus on whether or not the Denso or NGK are better. Personal preference I guess, plus the Denso ones were cheaper and come pre gapped to the correct gap. I think you have to regap the NGKs, but I might be wrong. Eric or Rich can chime in that one.
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

Rich

Postby Rich » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

The NGKs do need to be gapped, and can be a pain to do so because the iridium tips are fragile. I didn't break any tips but I know others have.

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:14

Just to give everyone a heads up, but over on 6club people have been having all sorts of problems with the pulstar plugs. Just something to keep in mind when looking for plugs.
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”