I Really, Really Want This Kit

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (arctic_blue83 @ Oct 17 2007, 04:03 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=6194]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Now that sounds like my kind of tech meet [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

The only supercharger I've installed/helped install in the past was a Jackson Racing SC for a RSX Type S. Although I've swapped out turbos for DSM's, Subarus, VW's, ect. When you pick up your SC, be sure to let me know, I'll be sure to be there for the install.[/b]

Yeah it does sound fun i will be there for sure i have never done anything like that my friend had to rebuild his engine and turbo but he did allot on his own i helped a little but nothing huge to know much about it hehe. but i saw a video of some guy that just got it in and man it makes me want it even more lol but im not going into debt for it haha

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

Wow...apparently Pettit is working out the final kinks. Instead of a piggyback, they've pretty much just have a reflash of the stock controller complete.

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14

Pettit has posted the 40 page install doc on their website. Who's ready for a heckuva tech meet this spring? Hehe.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 31 2007, 05:18 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9075]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Pettit has posted the 40 page install doc on their website. Who's ready for a heckuva tech meet this spring? Hehe.[/b]

yow!!! I feel asleep after the first page..... I was talking to someone about performance and the last, last thing
you should do mod wize is a reflash. The reflash is dependent on the mods you have done and so if you reflash
and then add more perf parts you need to reflash again to account for the new changes.... my 2 cents.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Oct 31 2007, 07:16 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9088]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
yow!!! I feel asleep after the first page..... I was talking to someone about performance and the last, last thing
you should do mod wize is a reflash. The reflash is dependent on the mods you have done and so if you reflash
and then add more perf parts you need to reflash again to account for the new changes.... my 2 cents.[/b]

Not sure which route I'll go, piggyback or flash. Piggyback seems better right now, but everything causes a CEL, it seems.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Nov 2 2007, 09:28 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9231]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Not sure which route I'll go, piggyback or flash. Piggyback seems better right now, but everything causes a CEL, it seems.[/b]

yeah that would probably make the most sense right now...like I am a tech expert here.... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:14

Pettit has finally released the ECM reflash version of the kit. From RX8club: Holiday Specials for RX8 Compressor Kits On sale until January 2008

Stage II 275WHP & 185 lb/ft $5794 w/flash

Stage II CS 300 WHP &195lb/ft $6144 w/flash

This is a limited quantity offer, all orders require a $500 deposit and balance paid by shipping or completion date, For Shipping charges email Turner@pettitracing.com provide shipping info and zip. Installation of the kit is $995 plus the FL Sales tax of 6.5% and can be scheduled between November 2007 and march 2008, However; all orders must be paid in full prior to December 31, 2007.

Both Holiday offers include ecu re-flash and are available for 04-07 manual trans model only.

Our latest release Stage II “CS” include re-flashing the ECU and the addition of a hi flow cat.

The Stage II CS Kit can produce 300 whp and 195 lb/ft torque @ 5-7psi. Most of the added hp is a result of re-flashing the factory ECU. Other benefits include: Superb drivability, and clean smooth rock solid acceleration through the entire RPM range. Also with the stock ECU and OBD II diagnostics system fully functional there is no ck engine light unless something is wrong. Most OBDII compatible scan tools can perform full system scans and clear codes and the Mazda dealer can still perform full service with the kit installed as well. Our latest testing on 5 different RX8’s has consistently yielded 278 - 300 whp through the stock exhaust with the latter using a hi flow cat. We will continue testing other combinations; like the stock cat with performance cat back system etc, etc.

Customers involved in racing and/or track events may consider using a water/methanol injection system to help keep charge temps under control in extreme conditions. We are now testing W/M injection setups that become active when charge temps reach a set point; we hope to have these kits available soon. With the re-flash setup there is no method yet to trim fuel and /or retard timing under extreme conditions, this results in a slightly rich mixture as charge temps increase, so far this is no problem and may actually be of benefit, also the factory knock sensor seems to be doing its job, so far there are no instances of detonation.

A complete install at Pettit takes 2 days with 1 day for road testing etc. For DYI the ECU has to be sent to us for the reflash, turnaround in most cases is 2 days. More info available at http://www.pettitracing.com

Stage II Kit
1. Compressor Kit 5495

2. Management ECU flash tuning 1199

Total 6694

Holiday discount SAVE $900 Sale Total $5794

Stage II CS Kit

1.Compressor Kit 5495

2. Management ECU flash tuning 1199

3. Hi flow Cat 450

Total 7144

Holiday discount SAVE $1000 Sale Total $6144

Complete Installation at our shop is $995 plus tax. Call now to schedule 561-844-2258!

Prices and specifications subject to change with out notice

Copyright 2007 by Excellent Performance Inc. all rights reserved reproduction in part or whole prohibited.

TKT, Trak Pro, PROTEK, R-Tec and Pettit Racing are Trademarks of Excellent Performance Inc. Palm Beach, FL.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:14

happy holidays to you...that would be a fun gift to get. Would you opt for stage II or move up to stage III?
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Nov 9 2007, 06:53 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=10213]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
happy holidays to you...that would be a fun gift to get. Would you opt for stage II or move up to stage III?[/b]

I'd probably get the Stage II. I'm glad I'm waiting a bit, as it will give them time to work out any issues they've got going on. Cool thing with the reflash is no CEL.

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”