Hiboost Turbo Kit for Mazda 3

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14

So I was looking at doing an exhaust for my car and started to listen/watch videos on youtube and came across this guy who custom turbo'd his 3 but mentioned both Hiboost and Hass as company's that make turbo kits for the 3.

I couldn't find jack shit on the Hass kit but found this website for the Hiboost here.

But I am now asking all of you who know anything about turbo's and my car (2.0L mazda 3i) if this is a half way decent way to go or should I just not even bother with FI on my car?

Basically I'm getting tired of always being in the back of the pack...if ya know what I mean.

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14

Don't do Hiboost you'll wait a year for literally anyhting once you send your money in.
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14

I think Protege Garage quit "stocking" their stuff and is no longer a dealer for them. I heard it's an awesome kit...... once you get it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

turbo99jetta

Postby turbo99jetta » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14

i believe there was an article on in sport compact car about them... i'll try and link to it if i can find it..

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14

Ok, all good info to know. Too bad they take so damn long to actually get the product to you, especially if its a decent kit!!

It'd be nice if there was a good kit that was readily available for my 3...

I wonder the difficulty of making my own kit would be.

I know there's a guy on mazda3forums that did it, and is putting out some impressive numbers, but again, the difficulty level, plus doing something that isn't backed by a company kinda makes me hesitant.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tbot @ Sep 9 2008, 02:04 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=62586]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Ok, all good info to know. Too bad they take so damn long to actually get the product to you, especially if its a decent kit!!

It'd be nice if there was a good kit that was readily available for my 3...

I wonder the difficulty of making my own kit would be.

I know there's a guy on mazda3forums that did it, and is putting out some impressive numbers, but again, the difficulty level, plus doing something that isn't backed by a company kinda makes me hesitant.[/b]

didn't we have a local shop on this site who did a custom turbo on a 6?
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

zoomzoom6

Postby zoomzoom6 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14

The Hass kit is no longer in production. Too much trouble with it. I know F2 came out with a Stage 1 and Stage 2 kit for the 6 but I'm not positive as far as the 3 goes, pretty sure they do though. You can check their website and see if they have one (www.f2usa.com). F2 is a great company and stands behind their products, I'd go with them if they have one. The price is unbeatable as well.
2006 Redfire Metallic Mazda6i
Performance: AEM Cold-Air Intake (Red), TWM Short-Shifter

Exterior: 5% Window Tint, Clear Sidemarkers, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Powder Coated Gas Door

Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 18" Tenzo Passion-5 Rims (Black/Chrome Lip), Goodyear Eagle F-1's, F2 Drilled/Slotted Rotors

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14

tbot, street concepts could get something going for you Im sure, I too have heard that hi-boost doesnt deliver..FOREVER

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14

Well now that I don't have a main job everything has just been put on hold...:(

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14

I should be able to ease the hardship a little bit here soon for you..

tbot

zoomzoom6 i checked out that website and it does appear they have something for the mazda 2.0L. I think they just got smart and basically used what they had for the focus setup (same motor different ecu it looks like). SO...when things turn back up looks like thats they way i'm going. Altho the new mazda3 with the 2.2L turbo looks like fun too...damn decisions

zoomzoom6

tbot wrote:zoomzoom6 i checked out that website and it does appear they have something for the mazda 2.0L. I think they just got smart and basically used what they had for the focus setup (same motor different ecu it looks like). SO...when things turn back up looks like thats they way i'm going. Altho the new mazda3 with the 2.2L turbo looks like fun too...damn decisions

Yea it's only been a month or two since F2 released them. It's all the hype on Mazda6Club. F2 has awesome products. I'm planning on getting the Stage 2 w/ the intercooler once it's released. And once Sniper comes through with a badass tuning solution the shit will rock people's world. Haha.

Exterior: 5% Window Tint, Clear Sidemarkers, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Powder Coated Gas Door

Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 18" Tenzo Passion-5 Rims (Black/Chrome Lip), Goodyear Eagle F-1's, F2 Drilled/Slotted Rotors

tbot

well hopefully by the time i have the money for it they will have the stage 2 kit ready for my car....

zoomzoom6

tbot wrote:well hopefully by the time i have the money for it they will have the stage 2 kit ready for my car....

I'd give it one more month at the max. They've had the same "The Stage 2 kit is already in production and will be available really soon" up for close to a month now. If you're not going to purchase it within the next month or so you should be fine.

tbot

Postby tbot » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:14

They have the stage 2 kit available now, they added it yesterday! WooHoo, now i just need $3550....

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”