Who runs Redline MT fluid in their Speed3/6?

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
movovr

Who runs Redline MT fluid in their Speed3/6?

Postby movovr » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:14

So my mind is currently focused on the shift feel of my car since I installed the COBB SS. I'm tired of the notchiness of my transmission (especially in the cold weather) and I've heard some discussion around various forums about Redline fluids. Who here uses it and what are your thoughts? Good, bad, other recommendations....?
Thanks,
Troy

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:14

I have it in my wife's car (2004 Saturn VUE). It helped cold shifting but it is otherwise transparent.

I have Red Line D4 (ATF stuff) in my Protege. Again, helps with cold shifting but otherwise......

IMO, Red Line is some great stuff. Plus you don't have to get involved with the pyramid scheme involved with buying/selling Amsoil.

I buy Red Line fluids at 3R Automotive:
http://www.3rauto.com/
They are at roughly Hampden and Sante Fe. What you save from buying online goes to paying for shipping. Buy local.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

movovr

Postby movovr » Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:14

MazdaTom wrote:I have it in my wife's car (2004 Saturn VUE). It helped cold shifting but it is otherwise transparent.

I have Red Line D4 (ATF stuff) in my Protege. Again, helps with cold shifting but otherwise......

IMO, Red Line is some great stuff. Plus you don't have to get involved with the pyramid scheme involved with buying/selling Amsoil.

I buy Red Line fluids at 3R Automotive:
http://www.3rauto.com/
They are at roughly Hampden and Sante Fe. What you save from buying online goes to paying for shipping. Buy local.

Thanks, There is a shop called AAI Speed http://www.aaispeed.com/index.php a few blocks from my house in Arvada that carries all Redline products as well. I'm a fan of buying local and these guys machined my jacked up HKS recirc fitment for me.
Is it a simple DIY? I've never done on any of my Mazda's before.

PerryMS3

Postby PerryMS3 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:14

I used redline in my SRT-4 and it did clean up the feel of the short shifter a bit. In the future that is what I am going to use for sure. I bought mine at 3R in Englewood and got a discount using the coSRToc name. Maybe someone should talk to him about setting up a discount for this club as well...

T-time

Postby T-time » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:14

i bought redline mt-90.... and its been sitting in my back seat for 6 months... buy 3 quarts
[size=84]Reclaim the Republic. Restore the Constitution.[/SIZE]

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:14

A bunch of guys on the Saabnet use it. I can't recall anything negative about it.
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”