Clunk noise

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
kingtut

Clunk noise

Postby kingtut » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:14

Getting a clunking noise when I shift at low rpms, from 1st to 2nd. I've read others having this same problem (like here: http://www.mzspd6.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4891375)

I think I've heard it before, but on tonight's drive it seemed to happen pretty steadily.

Anyone here having this?
one and one makes two, together we are free

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:14

Mine did this when I hit around 30,000 miles, especially when it was cold. I changed my all my fluids with Red Line and it has never reared its ugly head again. Hot or cold, I now have 44,000 miles. How many miles do you have? With the temps getting lower, I keep noticing more small noises that I don't remember.........or do from last year. Just that time of year where all the cold temp noises come out and say hi:mad:

I don't think it is anything to worry about, sounds like it is pretty common..........But either way I hope you get it figured out.
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:14

Gmoney wrote:Mine did this when I hit around 30,000 miles, especially when it was cold. I changed my all my fluids with Red Line and it has never reared its ugly head again. Hot or cold, I now have 44,000 miles. How many miles do you have? With the temps getting lower, I keep noticing more small noises that I don't remember.........or do from last year. Just that time of year where all the cold temp noises come out and say hi:mad:

I don't think it is anything to worry about, sounds like it is pretty common..........But either way I hope you get it figured out.

I suppose every car has its gremlins. Cold weather being one of them--the Speed hates the cold....drives like a tank, lol. (I thought I read that changing the fluid was giving people whining noises?) Glad you were able to get your 'clunking' taken care of.

I haven't even hit 6k miles yet. I'm sure this would've come to my attention (or presented a problem due to annoyance) if I drove the car more. It seems to clunk when I let the clutch out after entering 2nd. I'm pretty sure I recall a slight clunk happening before I got my cp-e rear mount as well.

Nice to see you around G! I'm sure we'll be seeing lot more of you with the cold weather and all;)
one and one makes two, together we are free

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:14

kingtut wrote:
Nice to see you around G! I'm sure we'll be seeing lot more of you with the cold weather and all;)

Yep, have more time again, work has calmed and weather has not allowed me to get out on the bike.....Will be poking around as much as life will allow.

6K, get that thing on the street. Its probably mad at you for not driving:D
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC