tuning in COS area

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
T-time

tuning in COS area

Postby T-time » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14

i need a tuning shop in the cs area, i got my turbo installed but im having issues with the fuel computer. it has a basemap loaded but im not getting readings off the aftermarket map sensor or the factory tps sensor.
[size=84]Reclaim the Republic. Restore the Constitution.[/SIZE]

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14

hmm its a piggy back right? i dont know really know anyone here in the springs that tunes, unless you wanna go to UPP. but if you wanna switch to e85 i can hook ya up with a 250 tune, my co worker has got his civic tuned to 400hp on e85 by the same guy but he has to travel from denver.

T-time

Postby T-time » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14

what about revolutions? i shot them an email

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:14

Yeah, Revlutions and Under Pressure are the only two I know about in town.

You could also try a guy in Broomfield that my STi buddy uses called The Boost Creep. Very good work at a good price.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14

Stealth01 wrote:Yeah, Revlutions and Under Pressure are the only two I know about in town.

You could also try a guy in Broomfield that my STi buddy uses called The Boost Creep. Very good work at a good price.

The Boost Creep aka Harvey is The Man! Seriously, an incredible tuner, great customer service, very approachable/doesn't have a problem explaining things... overall, I would recommend people to Harvey over any tuner in the state. Just my $.02
AKA- [color="Blue"]arctic_blue83[/color]
Mine: 2015 Subaru WRX
Hers: 2013 Subaru WRX

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14

Boost Creep is in Longmont, BTW

What fuel computer are you using?
:eek:

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14

roninsoldier83 wrote:The Boost Creep aka Harvey is The Man! Seriously, an incredible tuner, great customer service, very approachable/doesn't have a problem explaining things... overall, I would recommend people to Harvey over any tuner in the state. Just my $.02

Yeah, he did a great job with my buddy's STi and did it for a good price. My bad -- Longmont...got it.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14

I never dealt with Boost Creep directly, but I did email him a few times and he was always very nice and friendly. I was interested in renting his dyno out for an hour or so to do self-tuning but his rates for that were pretty pricey (much more than MAC for instance). But to be fair, he even told me his rates for self-tuning were expensive, LOL.

Otherwise I heard good things about his tunes.
:eek:

T-time

Postby T-time » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14

im using the xfc, i have it all wired up finally (i think its correct) but idk how to tune it correctly, according to m3f, the maf vs rpm map is for open loop, the map vs rpm is for closed

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:14

I wish Frank were still here haha. I might have to try the Boost Creep guy. I've been planning on taking it to Ari Yallon/Chris Ott and RX7.com down in Texas, but I'm concerned with the difference in altitude. They told me it would self adjust a bit, but I'm not sure. Although they have been tuning rotaries for over 10 or 15 years I believe, and Frank swore by those guys just by talking to them for a few hours.

Stealth01

speedjunkie wrote:I wish Frank were still here haha. I might have to try the Boost Creep guy. I've been planning on taking it to Ari Yallon/Chris Ott and RX7.com down in Texas, but I'm concerned with the difference in altitude. They told me it would self adjust a bit, but I'm not sure. Although they have been tuning rotaries for over 10 or 15 years I believe, and Frank swore by those guys just by talking to them for a few hours.

Harvey will work in the altitude adjustments for you. And he creates maps for Colorado temperatures, too.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

T-time

i emailed him, hopefully he understood me. i just found out the analog 6 input was set to wideband 2 (which doesnt exist) i better go check if this updated profile works any better

T-time

i cant really get any help on m3f and dee from reactive racing seems like hes ducking my calls

Stealth01

OK...talking to the STi guy in my office, who spoke to Harvey about my car, he CURRENTLY doesn't have the software to tune Mazdaspeed vehicles. He'd have to buy it. If there was enough interest, he probably would. Maybe a group of you should get together and see if you are enough members to get him interested.
Stealth01

2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT

T-time

i need to speak to him tm, i just verified that everything is wired correctly and it can be tuned (just got it idling steady by playing with the maf values) now i just need someone experienced to tune it for real. luckily my software is free and its dummy proof (i figured it out in an afternoon)

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”