A Few questions....mainly about proper plug gapping on a protune on ms6

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
04rx8

A Few questions....mainly about proper plug gapping on a protune on ms6

Postby 04rx8 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:14

So I have a few questions, im coming home for R@R in a few weeks and I just ordered the corksport FMIC kit, my question is I am already beyound maxing the stock turbo the numbers I made at Revo were on 17psi of boost servion had trouble getting the ecu to agree with the boost targets that he set...well shortly after that when the car sat for a few mins and I took it back out my car needless to say does not make 17psi...def quite a bit more mostly spiking 25psi and holding about 21psi till about 6300 rpms...dont worry servion made sure it wouldnt hurt much my afrs stay what they are tuned for and no knock with the e85 mixture and its fun on that amount of boost....turbo def will not last too long but thats ok im prepared for that. Anyway enough jibber jabber I just had my buddy whom is watching my car re gap my plugs from .28 to .25 im wondering if thats going to be to short of a gap, im also thinking about upgrading to the HKS 2 step colder plugs and am curious with the fmic kit and pushing out all the boost that lil turbo can push what they should be gapped at to avoid the minor studders I get when I go from 2nd to 3rd at WOT it was doing it with my plugs gapped at .28 so servion told me to gap them shorter which I just had done but obviously havnt seen the effect. So with the hks plugs how short should they be gapped under lets say 22psi of boost with a protune that i currently have? (Im also debating on lowering the target boost levels myself because the fmic kit is suppose to raise boost naturally on the speed cars due to much less heatsoak) Thank you guys :)
Silver 06 speed6 mods: E85 mix 40/60, Atp highflow catted DP, Cobb Accessport, custom AP pro tune by Servion tuned at 22psi. Corksport FMIC with Ram Air intake, SURE Engine Mount, HKS 2 step colder plugs gaped .28, Forge v2 bpv, Straight piped exhaust 2.5 IN, light weight 17 in black wheels lowered on Tien lowering springs, slotted rotors, hawk pads all around. When I get back from afganistan built block, big turbo, clutch and supporting mods :)

04rx8

o ya the 256whp and 315wtq on the heartbreaker dyno is at 17psi im going to get her re dynoed on the 21psi I hold now and when I get the fmic kit ill post the dyno chart when I do it in a few weeks :)
Silver 06 speed6 mods: E85 mix 40/60, Atp highflow catted DP, Cobb Accessport, custom AP pro tune by Servion tuned at 22psi. Corksport FMIC with Ram Air intake, SURE Engine Mount, HKS 2 step colder plugs gaped .28, Forge v2 bpv, Straight piped exhaust 2.5 IN, light weight 17 in black wheels lowered on Tien lowering springs, slotted rotors, hawk pads all around. When I get back from afganistan built block, big turbo, clutch and supporting mods :)

04rx8

I also know alot of speed 6 have this dumb studder problem from going wot and shifting from 2nd to 3rd and it doesnt always studder such a weird thing, so ive also been told to stretch out the springs in the coil packs ill try that to that studder is quite annoying sometimes.

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”