Grounded Throttle Body?

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:14

SecondGenPAt wrote:we need to set aside some time for it then because now i'm curious..

I can swing by your shop sometime after the 1st of 2012 and we can take a look. I'll pick up a cable and set it up to run it the way I want to run it, then we can test it, and then test it afterinstalling the cable (if it is indeed necesarry).

AuroraAxela

Postby AuroraAxela » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:14

Went ahead and did this mod the other day on my 2.0L, the difference is not earth-shattering, but you definitely can tell that the throttle is more instantly responsive. Maybe at the Denver meet I can show you guys and someone with a good camera (i.e. not my iPhone) can take a pic and post it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[color="Blue"][SIZE="3"]2009 Mazdaspeed 3 GT[/SIZE][/color]

[SIZE="1"][color="Blue"][color="Blue"]POWERTRAIN: GTX3067R . Cobb AP . Cobb 3-port . Autotech internals . HTP 3" intake . cp-e FMIC . Forge v1 BPV . TWM STS . CNT Turboback
NGK 1-step colder . Bosch 3-bar . cp-e xFlex™ RMM/TMM/PMM . CorkSport recirc tube . Kosmic EGR delete
SUSPENSION: K-Sport coilovers . Whiteline RSB . custom MS6 wheels
EXTERIOR: cp-e TowPlate . DDM Tuning 5000K HID low/fog
INTERIOR: Defi boost gauge/cp-e defroster mount . NRG shift knob . CorkSport LEDs[/color][/color][/SIZE]

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:14

AuroraAxela wrote:Went ahead and did this mod the other day on my 2.0L, the difference is not earth-shattering, but you definitely can tell that the throttle is more instantly responsive. Maybe at the Denver meet I can show you guys and someone with a good camera (i.e. not my iPhone) can take a pic and post it.

nice, i too experience a more responsive throttle after making said mod.
Less hesitation in my slushbox
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14

I did mine already as well. I don't notice much. Seems to make shifting a bit smoother (likely due to better throttle response?). Doesn't hurt anything.

I mounted using the lower right bolt when looking at the throttle body from the driver side fender, ran through the battery box, and united it with the ground from the battery to the driver side fender. Came out clean.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14

Shadowden wrote:I did mine already as well. I don't notice much. Seems to make shifting a bit smoother (likely due to better throttle response?). Doesn't hurt anything.

I mounted using the lower right bolt when looking at the throttle body from the driver side fender, ran through the battery box, and united it with the ground from the battery to the driver side fender. Came out clean.

initially I just attached the wire from the throttle to the frame of the car. done and done.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14

boy, then I would have to jack the car up and potentially get dirty...

that would be a good way to go though.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:14

Shadowden wrote:boy, then I would have to jack the car up and potentially get dirty...

that would be a good way to go though.

perhaps i misspoke or my definition of "frame" differs from yours.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”