AccessPORT Info

All engines, transmission, and drivetrain discussion.
GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun May 04, 2008 9:14

Nothing big. They coulda just threw it on with the other update IMO. But if the Live data reads more accurate it'll help me in deciding what maps from MM to use. Waiting for His Ver. 1b series maps so it can richen up a bit at high RPM.

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:14

StreetTuner beta software is being released. Cobb had it on their website, but pulled the software back off until a few things are fixed. Hopefully, back on the site tomorrow.

Any wannabe tuners out there? Haha.

New firmware is available too. (As well as new maps for you Speed3 folks)

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:14

The Tuner software is back on the Cobb website if you want to play. You have to fill out a brief survey, then they email you the link. I downloaded it, but don't have the unit at work. You need to have the AP connected to your PC to install.

Granted, I'll use the software to look and hopefully learn a little bit. No way I'll start trying to tune it myself. Blowing engines because or a wrong click somewhere doesn't sound like my type of fun.

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14

There's a new firmware update for the accessport.
http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?ID=4106 -
http://www.rx8club.com./showthread.php?p=2753918&posted=1#post2753918 - post from Danny at Cobb

It looks like we will be able to datalog using the AP?! I will check it out on my way home from work. Well maybe not due to the snow.

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14

That's pretty wild, I seriously just checked the Cobb website yesterday for an update.

Edit: Just installed the update...now a "Monitor" menu appears with the following options:

Live Data
Data Log (woo!)
Fuel Economy
Set Rev warning
Set Live Data List
Set Data Log List'

There are also some reset options. In the "Set data log list", you can go in and select the various options with a checkbox. Pretty cool stuff.

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:14

If you bought your AP from Jeff (mazdamaniac) click on the link below. You have work to do!

http://www.rx8club.com./showthread.php?t=162263

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:14

Update: I have run all of Mazdamaniacs base calibrations (4_0, 4_0_1, and 4_0_2), each map gained me a few mpg and my butt dyno tells me that the latest one has gained me some low to mid range power (not much but it pulls harder).

As soon as I get my performance calibration (should be in the next couple of days), I will post my results. My 8 is running so strong right now I don't see how it can get much better.... I can't wait.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14

Did you get the "updated" map for the dwell improvements for the BHR coils? Not being a MM customer, that's something I'm not privy to, nor is it something I seem to have the intelligence to address myself. Just curious if that made any kind of difference to you.

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14

Thanks Tim... I wonder why they don't make it for the 5? :D

What if I want to change my mapping?
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14

Huzer wrote:Did you get the "updated" map for the dwell improvements for the BHR coils? Not being a MM customer, that's something I'm not privy to, nor is it something I seem to have the intelligence to address myself. Just curious if that made any kind of difference to you.

I can change the dwell setting for you or tell you how, it's easy
:eek:

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:14

Well sweet, that would be cool. I was only told was "set the dwell time for the coils at 5 mS across the board". I looked in the AccesTuner software and say the ignitor dwell time axis of RPM vs Battery voltage.

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:14

Also, even if you aren't one of MM's AP tuning customers he will still adjust the dwell settings when you buy a BHR ignition

email him: dwell at mazdamaniac.com or jeff at mazdamaniac.com

Not sure how fast you will get it, but he will do it... LOL

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:14

^Good luck. I was local and Jeff NEVER even got me a map. I emailed him back in February (yes, that's right) and he never made a new tune for me. And I was his friend!

Changing the dwell isn't hard at all, I can show you guys how. Once you learn how to do this stuff yourself it's so much easier and you get a sense of satisfaction from it. I built a map from scratch and have been running in my car for a while, and I've tuned a lot of other RX-8's and RX-7's- turbo and NA. I got feed up waiting so I did my own stuff.

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:14

Nice, wish I had done the same. I got my final tune from Jeff but it did take months. :(

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:14

Yeah, but now what happens if you put on a new part or something changes? You're screwed and have to wait for 4-5 months or something obscene in order to get a new tune and drive your car. Nevermind the fact if you're out of the 6 months BS of new tunes so you have to pay another $400 or something for a re-tune? Forget that.

I wish people knew how easy and simple it is to do on your own. Once you get over the fear of blowing your shit up, it's not difficult

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”