Alignment after Coilover install....recommended shops?

Technical Discussion about suspension and brakes
movovr

Alignment after Coilover install....recommended shops?

Postby movovr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14

I picked up a set of Ksport Kontrol Pro coilvers, SPC adjustable rear camber arms and a Whiteline RSB from Eric at Edge Autosport. Hoping to have everything installed this weekend.

Can anyone here recommend a shop where I can get an alignment after installing coilovers? I've called around and the general response is "XX/hour, no idea how many hours" which isn't overly helpful.

I'm in Denver metro. If anyone can recommend somewhere that isn't going to charge me a fortune but still do a good I'd really appreciate it.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14

I've had alignments done for like $60. The place I used to go to is no more. And this other place I can not recall. Ummmm, behind Mazda of Lakewood there is a place called Merrill axel or other..... I don't know what they charge though.

found the website for ya.
http://merrillaxle.com/index.html

ImageImage

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14

I use a shop by my place in Castle Rock. Adam's Automotive. They will play with the alignemnt until you are happy. And free re-alignment within 30 days. They also have a lifetime alignment deal that I may do on my S2000.

http://www.adamsautomotiveinc.com/

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14

If you could find a place around here that corner balances as well as do sport alignments that would be awesome. I had a corner balance (with me in it) on my last car when I lived in Socal and it was a night and day difference. I have yet to find a place in Colorado that performs this service.

_AlexTM

Postby _AlexTM » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:14

Hey movovr, your info says arvada, what color is your speed? I keep seeing some in Arvada.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14

Call me crazy, I go to Firestone for my alignments.
[color="RoyalBlue"]1992 Miata Project[/color]

movovr

Postby movovr » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14

_AlexTM wrote:Hey movovr, your info says arvada, what color is your speed? I keep seeing some in Arvada.

Red with bronze rx8 wheels.

movovr

Saul_Good wrote:If you could find a place around here that corner balances as well as do sport alignments that would be awesome. I had a corner balance (with me in it) on my last car when I lived in Socal and it was a night and day difference. I have yet to find a place in Colorado that performs this service.

SCR Performance in Loveland does corner balancing. I just don't want to drive all the up there.
http://www.scrperformance.com/

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14

Oooh, that sounds like something I should do (SCR street performance alignement). Thanks Movovr!

movovr

I emailed them to see what they charge. I think I talked to them a couple years ago and they quoted me $400 for an alignment with corner balancing. Not sure if that is still the case.
Still looking for local Broomfield/Denver/Arvada recommendations.

movovr

Just heard back from SCR. They said it would take 1 1/2 hours, $119. Doesn't seem too bad. Now just to figure out when I can drive to Loveland during the weekday and be gone for 4 hours.

Saul_Good
Location: Cerritos, CA (DW says i can't play here anymore...)

Postby Saul_Good » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14

I've been searching hard and found that pikes peak acura does alignment and CB. Not sure what they charge but I'm guessing $250ish which was the going rate when I left socal.

Brigdh

Postby Brigdh » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:14

Call The Tire Source and see if they will do what you need. Just off of 28th and Iris in Boulder. http://www.tiresource.net/

movovr

Postby movovr » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:14

Brigdh wrote:Call The Tire Source and see if they will do what you need. Just off of 28th and Iris in Boulder. http://www.tiresource.net/

"$60/hour. No idea how many hours".... I asked based on your experience are we talking 1 hour? 5 hours? Response was "no idea". Nice.
Eric at Edge said it took 5 hours to get his alignment done in Washington. But he had a locked in cost of $75 bucks as the shop had no idea it was going to take them that long.

In the meantime, my latest headache is getting the nut off my RSB end links. Damn things are on tight as hell and a little rusty. I have a feeling I'll have to cut them off and buy new. Always something unexpected that comes with modding your car I suppose.

Shadowden

Postby Shadowden » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:14

Have you hit it with PB blaster and let it sit for a while. I take for granted that you are keeping the bolt in place with an allen wrench (6mm I believe)?

Return to “Suspension, Steering, and Brakes”