Ever heard of this wheel?

Tire and Wheel Discussion
ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

Everytime I go to look at wheels for my 3 I always come across these

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseU...&sort=Brand

I have never heard of this brand before,Gram Light, I'm wondering has anyone else? Are they good wheels or no... It will be awhile before I can afford them, but I just like the look of these ALOT, and want to know if it's something I should save for, or if I should keep looking..

rush24

Postby rush24 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

Those are some expensive wheels....I've seen them on a few sites when I was looking for some wheels for my old 3....Don't know much...a few guys on the old 3 forums liked the wheels...
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=134]
2007 Black CX7

Apexcone Raptor 6000k HID...
[color=Black]Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe

Forge V1 BPV...ProSport Boost Gauge
3" DP back Exhaust System
[/color][/font][/SIZE]...[color=Black]PG SRI
SURE Motor Mount...
[/color]

Dash Hawk...Altered Customs CX-7 FMIC

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

I don't know about the make, but what color are you thinking about?? They look very nice :D

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

Yes, I've heard of them. Great wheels. For a street car though..... way too much. For a race car- yes, go for them.

EDIT- took a closer look at them. They aren't even forged. $352 for a cast aluminum wheel......... After you're done buying those, I've got some beautiful beach front property in Iowa that I want to sell you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

ZoomPrincess

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bmwzoom @ Jun 20 2008, 02:34 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=53464]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I don't know about the make, but what color are you thinking about?? They look very nice :D[/b]

I'm wanting the white to go with the rest of the car.

ZoomPrincess

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaTom @ Jun 20 2008, 02:34 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=53466]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yes, I've heard of them. Great wheels. For a street car though..... way too much. For a race car- yes, go for them.[/b]

yeah this is where I'm tied up.. after racing my car wednesday night I can't decide if I want to make it a race car or if I want it to be a show car. Either way its going to cost me a lot of money at the end... which would be more fun.. lol. I'm thinking race, but still nice to look at.

HAHAHA ok, so keep looking is what you are telling me.. I want something similar to these though.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

If you're talking straight-line race car- then an 18" wheel will be the death of any pursuit of speed. If you really want to make a straight-liner out of it you're going to need some big fat'n'sticky drag only tires up front and you'll want to mount them on a wheel just big enough to clear the brake calipers. 18" wheels are best used on the street.

When I said "for a race car- yes, go for them" I was under the assumption they were forged and lighter weight than they actually are and like how the price seems to indicate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4

mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

ZoomPrincess

well I'm not looking at that fast of a race car to have a fat sticky tire.. lol. I dont do burn outs, I just want it to be fast enough to maybe someday run with these speed guys... thats going to be done by the time this thing is paid off and thats in 5 years, by then the speed guys will be upgrading to something even faster..

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

Those are from mackinindustries.com. They make volk wheels 2. They are on the RAYs side of things. I been looking at these for my car. The weight is the same as stock so I should be ok but would prefer something lighter. :(

http://mackinindustries.com/md/rays/rays.html

ImageImage

jdmsp

Postby jdmsp » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

They are nice wheels but if your going to spend that save up a couple hundred more and get the Volks. They do have a bad ass titanium lip in the gram lights though.

rush24

Postby rush24 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdmsp @ Jun 20 2008, 05:15 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=53499]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
They are nice wheels but if your going to spend that save up a couple hundred more and get the Volks. They do have a bad ass titanium lip in the gram lights though.[/b]

I agree...go with the Volks....Cheaper.....that means more $$$$ for other MODs...
[font=Comic Sans MS][size=134]
2007 Black CX7

Apexcone Raptor 6000k HID...
[color=Black]Corksport Turbo Inlet Pipe

Forge V1 BPV...ProSport Boost Gauge
3" DP back Exhaust System
[/color][/font][/SIZE]...[color=Black]PG SRI
SURE Motor Mount...
[/color]

Dash Hawk...Altered Customs CX-7 FMIC

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:14

Gram Lites have been around for a while...I've considered getting them for Lucky if I turn her into a race car - but since that won't be happening, I won't be buying them. They're not for street....

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

Return to “Tires and Wheels”