Need to roll fenders

Tire and Wheel Discussion
4doord

Postby 4doord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMoney @ Jul 23 2008, 10:54 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57839]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Well I just secured a Fender roller from Autobahn will have it Friday through the weekend. Talked with Randy, very nice guy......The price is $50 so what ever you guys want to pitch is fine with me. I will be picking it up friday morning before work and be available after 6ish that night.......I close my store on Saturday so will only have until 2pm but have the entire day Sunday off......I have a heat gun to aid in the warming of the metal and paint, but I think the 100 degree days will also help.[/b]

Where are you located at?

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMoney @ Jul 23 2008, 10:54 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57839]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Well I just secured a Fender roller from Autobahn will have it Friday through the weekend. Talked with Randy, very nice guy......The price is $50 so what ever you guys want to pitch is fine with me. I will be picking it up friday morning before work and be available after 6ish that night.......I close my store on Saturday so will only have until 2pm but have the entire day Sunday off......I have a heat gun to aid in the warming of the metal and paint, but I think the 100 degree days will also help.[/b]

sweet dude! i would be more that willing to chip in some coin on this.
when were you going to do yours? I hear heat is neat for this....
I am in HR we could have a fender rolling party... :lol:
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14

If you all want we can do it Sunday so everyone can do it at once........I live off of Broadway and County Line. just north of 470.......so sounds like we are all close....Let me know so we can set something up

Greg
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4doord

Postby 4doord » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMoney @ Jul 23 2008, 01:04 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57850]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
If you all want we can do it Sunday so everyone can do it at once........I live off of Broadway and County Line. just north of 470.......so sounds like we are all close....Let me know so we can set something up

Greg[/b]

I am off Kipling and C-470 so if you want put out an address and time and I will be there.

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14

Are you getting the sweet cheese grater effect on your tires guido?
2013 FRS

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMoney @ Jul 23 2008, 01:04 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57850]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>

Greg[/b]

I pm'd you my contact details I am like 3 miles from your place. let me know when you want to meet up to get rolled on Sunday!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheNewBlack @ Jul 23 2008, 02:28 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57869]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Are you getting the sweet cheese grater effect on your tires guido?[/b]

ahh kinda....but not sure if the lack of a sway back is adding to this, should be
back on track by the end of the week. I am in a rental now so no damage is
happening as of right now...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

tsx_guy

on a different note, i called the place that did my wheels and they said they offer something
called spring spacers to help with the rubbing...never heard of them, but it sounds like
they reduce the spring compression so the wheel doesn't dip into the fender as much.
The cost + install is close to what the fender rental is, and it sounds like it makes the
ride a little more harsh, they were not able to say if this caused uneven tire wear tho.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Gmoney

Yea those don't sound like they would be good for long term maybe a temp fix..............

Well I am thinking like 10 am to start working on this, that sound good? It will let me enjoy breakfast with the wife and get set up for everything. Plus I need to reinstall my parts.

Anyone else.................Nows the time..........it will be fun............I promise I will only use the choice cuss words when things don't go perfect.......j/k
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14

That spring spacer thing sounds just like what I think it sounds like. Raises the ride hieght by placing a space between the body and the spring. That's what it sounds like so that's what I'm gonnas say it is.

ImageImage

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Jul 23 2008, 07:55 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57931]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
That spring spacer thing sounds just like what I think it sounds like. Raises the ride hieght by placing a space between the body and the spring. That's what it sounds like so that's what I'm gonnas say it is.[/b]

yeah...figured that, but thought I would put it out there...in the age of eliminating wheel gap it seems silly to try and add some...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMoney @ Jul 23 2008, 07:37 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57930]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yea those don't sound like they would be good for long term maybe a temp fix..............

Well I am thinking like 10 am to start working on this, that sound good? It will let me enjoy breakfast with the wife and get set up for everything. Plus I need to reinstall my parts.

Anyone else.................Nows the time..........it will be fun............I promise I will only use the choice cuss words when things don't go perfect.......j/k[/b]

10am? this sat or sunday dude? I will make either? I don't have a rubber mallet but can buy or borrow one (5 finger discount)
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Gmoney

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Jul 23 2008, 09:09 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57940]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
10am? this sat or sunday dude? I will make either? I don't have a rubber mallet but can buy or borrow one (5 finger discount)[/b]

Sunday I pm'd you the address and directions that way 4doord can make it........
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

baker

Postby baker » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14

wow you got the 2007 pricing.. lol. nice.. i need to have talk with randy.. lol.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMoney @ Jul 24 2008, 12:05 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57965]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Sunday I pm'd you the address and directions that way 4doord can make it........[/b]

Sunday it is, don't recall seeing which day in the thread which is why i ask.
Why is is all about dave(4doord)? j/k
This should give me time to break in my rear sway... whoo hoo.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (baker @ Jul 24 2008, 12:32 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57973]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
wow you got the 2007 pricing.. lol. nice.. i need to have talk with randy.. lol.[/b]

Yea he was pretty cool about it, said I could keep over the Weekend since there was no one else signed up for it........I guess there not open Sat.
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Jul 24 2008, 07:31 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=57979]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Sunday it is, don't recall seeing which day in the thread which is why i ask.[/b]

I didn't read that before I posted it, Kinda comes off bad sorry didn't mean anything by it.......Cool well I just guess I am a ass.....

SUNDAY I PM"D YOU!!!!!!!!
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC