Rim Repair

Tire and Wheel Discussion
Beej336

Rim Repair

Postby Beej336 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14

So, my rims are damaged from what i believe is Mag Chloride. They are spotted and pieces that seemed to have flaked off have a shiny look. any ideas on how to repair this? is it even possible? oh, and the rims are just the stock MP5 alloys. Thanks!

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14

4doord, Dave, took care of my rims for me. He knows of a place that fixes bent rims and refinishes them. They did awesome work on my rim. PM me and I can get you in contact with Dave if you don't have his number.

Beej336

bmwzoom wrote:4doord, Dave, took care of my rims for me. He knows of a place that fixes bent rims and refinishes them. They did awesome work on my rim. PM me and I can get you in contact with Dave if you don't have his number.

ok. im not looking to spend a whole lot of money on it...i had just hoped i could repair it from an aerosol can or something to that affect...haha since im only 15 i dont have a job to pay for a lot. :lol:

JZSpeed6

Postby JZSpeed6 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14

I know a guy as well that works at a place that refurbishes rims. Let me know if Dave can't help you out and I will get you some info
Let the modding begin. <b>HP=-AF</b><i> (Increase in HP is directly proportionate to the decline in available funds)</i>

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14

You could try a wheel cleaner from AutoZone or something to that effect.

Beej336

alright thanks, i will see what i can do.

Syko701

Postby Syko701 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14

[quote="Beej336"]So, my rims are damaged from what i believe is Mag Chloride. They are spotted and pieces that seemed to have flaked off have a shiny look. any ideas on how to repair this? is it even possible? oh, and the rims are just the stock MP5 alloys. Thanks!
QUOTE]

http://www.chemicals-globalspecialty.com/market03.html

click the link self explanitory
most self wash carwashes have it as an option use it instead of pre-soak... works wonders for me
"Hard work and dedication are the keys to success."

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:14

Could one of you post up info on how to contact either Dave, or the friend that works for a refurb place. I am wanting to get my wheels refinished bright silver instead of the black crome and have just a little curb rash on one wheel I would like worked out.......Thanks Greg
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]