OPINIONS ON (possible) NEW WHEELS!

Tire and Wheel Discussion

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

Nice.... Do they make 'em in 18s?

If so how much do they weigh?

Legend33

Postby Legend33 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

i would say Advan racing just cuz thats what i have and i love them!!!!

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

Greek8 wrote:Nice.... Do they make 'em in 18s?

If so how much do they weigh?

yes, they make in 18's. they weigh 19.2lbs and cost about $30 more per wheel...not too bad of an increase in price.

Legend33 wrote:i would say Advan racing just cuz thats what i have and i love them!!!!

I like advan wheels, but cant afford 400-800$ per wheel...lol

Legend33

Postby Legend33 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

lol ya they are a little pricey lol

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

Enkei's are awesome wheels. I bet the factory wheels on your car are made by Enkei. The 17's will be lighter and carry a smaller moment of inertia- thus making them faster, compared to the 18's.

Personally though, I wouldn't fuck around with those Goodyears. Keep your stock wheels and get some nice winter tires and get some proper summer rubber for the Enkeis. Kumho XS, Falken Azenis RT-615...... heck even the General Exclaim UHP tires.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Cesaros

MazdaTom wrote:Enkei's are awesome wheels. I bet the factory wheels on your car are made by Enkei. The 17's will be lighter and carry a smaller moment of inertia- thus making them faster, compared to the 18's.

Personally though, I wouldn't fuck around with those Goodyears. Keep your stock wheels and get some nice winter tires and get some proper summer rubber for the Enkeis. Kumho XS, Falken Azenis RT-615...... heck even the General Exclaim UHP tires.

yah i was thinking of doing 2 sets of wheels. summer, and winter...the stock rubber on my 17's are crap in the snow..too much torque in 1st and 2nd to grip...i have to give almost zero throttle to get grip in light snow...even with DSC on.

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:14

And I'd imagine braking traction is just as bad. Good winter tires will help with acceleration, but REALLY help with braking- where you really need the traction in snow. And good summer tires will provide really good rain traction compared to all season tires. Plus they grip way better in the dry compared to all seasons.

Ultra High Performance All Season tires are jokes. You're not going to grip that great in the dry in the summer and you're not going to grip that great in the snow. Ultra high performance pieces of crap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4

mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Cesaros

good point. i may save up for the rest of the summer, get snow tires...and buy my enkei's this fall/winter (i think wyoming only has winter and summer...lol) so i can have them ready by next year...and not break the bank..and get the wife pissed.

or i might pack a lunch for the rest of the year, and get them NOW!...choices choice..

Return to “Tires and Wheels”