Squeaking Noise From Front End

Tire and Wheel Discussion
kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14

Number2 wrote:brakes look like they have some good life left in them. 36k miles? I'd see about having the rotors machined.

Just brakes will machine your rotors and pack the bearings for 99.95! What a good advertisement they have...it plays over and over in my head whenever I hear "Just Brakes":lol:
one and one makes two, together we are free

movovr

Postby movovr » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14

Is it a squeak or a clicking noise? Does it happen when you roll from a stop or if the car rolls backwards for a second from a hill before shifting weight forward into first?

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14

What's this on the passenger side? Just where you bumped it? Pads look fine.
Attachments
stealth.JPG
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14

Check the inner pads. Can't tell you how many times I've had the inner pad wear MUCH faster than the outer.

You may also want to clean and lube your caliper slider pins while you're in there. Good preventative maintenance if nothing else.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:14

:lol: Seen that before!

MazdaTom wrote:Check the inner pads. Can't tell you how many times I've had the inner pad wear MUCH faster than the outer.

You may also want to clean and lube your caliper slider pins while you're in there. Good preventative maintenance if nothing else.
AIM WO4

[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]

[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:14

movovr wrote:Is it a squeak or a clicking noise? Does it happen when you roll from a stop or if the car rolls backwards for a second from a hill before shifting weight forward into first?

Squeaking, very high-pitched. Happens moving forward or backward, but only below 30 mph...or maybe I only HEAR it below 30. I know the clicking of which you speak -- our CX-9 had it. Dealer fixed it. Said there's a TSB for it now.

AIM WO4 wrote:What's this on the passenger side? Just where you bumped it? Pads look fine.

Yeah, where I brushed off some dust with my arm.

MazdaTom wrote:Check the inner pads. Can't tell you how many times I've had the inner pad wear MUCH faster than the outer.

They showed me the inner pads and they are a little more worn than the outers. Those are the ones with 20% left.
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Return to “Tires and Wheels”