Discount Tire Update

Tire and Wheel Discussion
WINGSPD

Update 8/22/09

Postby WINGSPD » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14

Well, A senior assistant manager from Discount Tire called me to speak to me about the recent problems with the tire install-TPMS-overinflation fiasco from my prevoius thread "Discount Tire Incompetence". Instead of return his phone call, I thought it better form to go speak to him directly. I went to the store this morning, found him, and introduced myself. I explained that I was there to discuss the customer satisfaction survey that I had sent to the company, and the incidents leading to the poor rating. He was polite, apologetic, and understood my comments and disatisfaction regarding the incidents. He made comments to the effect of how they did not want to lose my business and how they were going to try to make it right for me. I told him I didn't want him to give me anything; and he stated that he understood I was not there to get anything from him, but that he wanted to make it right. I told him that all I expected was an apology and to get the original problem corrected, and not the B.S. excuses. I then informed him before he made me any offer to "make things right" that he should know that I placed a bad review on a website that he should read first. (Full disclosure so as to allow him to reconsider offering me anything if he thought I had unfairly besmirched them) I gave him a copy of the original complaint I made to the forum here. He read the copy that I gave him, and I asked him if it seemed fair. He confirmed my expectations and then offered me a considerable consolation for my troubles. I told him that I wasn't there for a gift, but that I would like to apply the money towards any future purchases from his store, to assure that his offer would go towards a future relationship. He seemed to understand this gesture and graciously let me take it as that. I must say that he did an excellent job of handling this problem; and that I couldn't have imagined any more desireable and professional response. I did try to make it easy for him, too, as I know this can be a stressful situation; by being the very calm and cool-headed person (as unlikely as it may seem) that I generaly am under most circumstances. SO, the end result is that Discount Tire 1990 S. Federal did pull this one out of the flame; and likely, by the time I have need of their services in the future, the bitter taste from the original encounter will have subsided, and business can be back to usual.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14

Glad to hear they took care of you, thanks for the update. It's inevitable that businesses make mistakes, and/or come across some less than satisfactory employees. The measure of good management however, is when the problem is acknowledged and rectified. Which they seem to have done:)

(I've always been a Discount guy myself and expect to receive the same quality of service as you.)
one and one makes two, together we are free

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:14

Very good to hear! I am glad to hear he was very professional about the complaints and comments you had. Sounds like DT has a great manager at that location :)

Number2

Postby Number2 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14

I'm glad to hear they took care of you. Your statement is worded very well. Good read!
"Littering, and?..."

GTConversion

Postby GTConversion » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14

Wow, good to hear that a business is standing up and doin the right thing. Kudos Discount Tire..

You might want to link the original thread for those who missed it..

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14

GTConversion wrote:Wow, good to hear that a business is standing up and doin the right thing. Kudos Discount Tire..

You might want to link the original thread for those who missed it..

Done.

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14

I had a feeling it would work out. Congrats.
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:14

Discount Tire managers are trained to pretty much take care of customer issues at almost any cost. Or so I was told by a former Discount Tire store manager.

Return to “Tires and Wheels”