Take off Snows?

Tire and Wheel Discussion
coloskydiver

Postby coloskydiver » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:14

I have already taken mine off. They came off a few weeks ago because I wanted to save some tread for next winter. I have been loving it the last few days the 60 degree weather.

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14

MazdaTom wrote:It'll be late April for me for sure. Sure you can navigate snowy Colorado roads with summers (that have decent amounts of tread left- if they're nearly worn, forget about it!) but why should you if you have snow tires?

Tom, I agree 100%. The reason why I am considering switching is to save the life of the winter tires as long as possible. I feel as though the tread on the "summers" (Which are really Eagle GTs, I just call them summer b/c I have 2 sets, obviously) do not wear nearly as fast as the snows.

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:14

I needed something to make me smile, so yesterday I broke down and switched out the snows for the summer rims. Its crazy how much "stickier" the tires feel, the ride is much louder and rougher. Its much harder for me to drive with my knee on the steering wheel with the summers, with the winters it was easy to drive hehe... But definitely way more fun to accelerate now!!

Return to “Tires and Wheels”