LED's for Turn Signals?

Body kits, bling, lights
Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

Has anyone here replaced the turn signals with LEDs?

I need to find out if I will need to upgrade my flasher unit or wire in a load resistor.

Anyone know?
The views discussed in this reply are not the views of the poster, the forum or anyone else. They are not meant to agree or disagree with anything contained in this post. If this post offended you in any way, you should quietly sob in the bathtub while wearing your mom's pantyhose.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

No sorry I don't know. But I have been looking into upgrading my sidemarkers and parking lights to LEDs. and the interior lights too.

ImageImage

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

By turn signal do you mean in the headlight ass. or the side marker?
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gmoney

Postby Gmoney » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

I have the RPM LED side markers in mine along with he rear reflector LED kit put in as well.....was plug and go for the side markers used stock plug. The rear required a splice into the rear light ass.

Just saw you have an 8, so nevermind......
*CP-e CAI
*Turbo Inlet
*ETS 3.5" TMIC
*SU Test Pipe
*RPM Street Springs
*AeroForce Gauge
*RPM LED Side/Rear Markers
*SU Rear Engine mount
*Turbine Tech Front engine mount
*Cp-e Rear Diff Mount
*TurboSmart MBC

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GMoney @ Jun 23 2008, 12:45 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=53771]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I have the RPM LED side markers in mine along with he rear reflector LED kit put in as well.....was plug and go for the side markers used stock plug. The rear required a splice into the rear light ass.

Just saw you have an 8, so nevermind......[/b]

RPM sucks. They don't make any LED side markers for the 8. I found out that Clearcorners.com does but they are espensive.

ImageImage

Zuhalter

Specifically looking to replace the Amber turn signal bulbs in both the front and the rear.

The side marker bulbs are no big deal.
The views discussed in this reply are not the views of the poster, the forum or anyone else. They are not meant to agree or disagree with anything contained in this post. If this post offended you in any way, you should quietly sob in the bathtub while wearing your mom's pantyhose.

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

yikes, those are some high prices there.

StormsOtherSide

Postby StormsOtherSide » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

I would say you have to put in a load resistor. Here is a link to calculate the correct size.

http://www.muzique.com/schem/led.htm
MazdaSpeed3 GT
15% Tint, Blue Lamin'x Fogs, Vinyl EyeLids,
Cobb Short Ram Intake, HKS SSQV Black Edition BOV, Custom Deep Purple Flamed Intercooler, Corksport MM Inserts.

To Come: Wheels, Springs, COBB Short Throw Shifter, Tuner! :723b3bdf:

Favorite Quote: It's Not Real.

Zuhalter

Great Site...V-LEDs is trying to sell resistors for $5 each...talk about markup...

Zuhalter

Can Anyone tell me which of these would be used for the RX-8? Not near my car right now.

VLED Flashers

baker

Postby baker » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:14

http://www.superbrightleds.com they sell teh leds and load resistors

Zuhalter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (baker @ Jun 23 2008, 05:13 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=53826]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
http://www.superbrightleds.com they sell teh leds and load resistors[/b]

The only problem with that is that all of the other LEDs are coming from VLED and I would like colors to all match no matter what. It looks like I can buy a new flasher, install that and it should work just fine. From what I can see, the 8 has an 8pin module...imagine that.

Return to “Exterior Modifications”