Remote Start Alarm Questions

Body kits, bling, lights
ms. D

Remote Start Alarm Questions

Postby ms. D » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

I have no idea where to put this thread so feel free to move it if need be.

I currently have a remote start alarm waiting to be installed in my 3 but Im curious if anyone on the site has any recommendations if I choose to purchase a different setup. Or what you may have on your car etc etc..

One of my friends is an installer (and will be doing my install) and suggested the new Matrix 50.7 and to look on Ebay for one. My current set up is Python brand, no idea on the specifics though. I had it in my VW and LOVED it, especially in the winter with heated leather seats.

Ready, set, go with your thoughts :D

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

as of now, python, viper, clifford are all the same.

I have a clifford in my car and love it even tho I can't use all the features.

The new matrix 50.7 is bad ass and i was planning on upgrading to it here when funds become available. But I would recommend it.

ms. D

I found one on Ebay for $220.00, Im working a deal with my brother on it, he buys it and gets my old alarm for his car but I still have to pay for install. In all, I was trying to keep this under $350.00 but it doesn't look like that'll be happening damn it.

tbot

Postby tbot » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:14

na...that new matrix system just came out a few months ago, so its going to be expensive!!! Granted the old systems you can get for like $50 haha.

ms. D

Yeah, I just realized I was looking at the shitty 70.5 needless to say, its getting close to bedtime. I haven't found a 50.7 yet, lame

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

Ok...related question...aren't remote starts illegal in CO? I was told that it's illegal to leave a car running if there's nobody in it, and therefore remote starts would also be illegal. And yet they're sold all over the place...

ms. D

Postby ms. D » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

If they were illegal they wouldnt be sold at Cartoys, Quality Auto Sound, Ultimate Electronics etc.... A remote start alarm system starts your vehicle and lets it run but you cannot drive it unless the key is in the ignition. Like a turbo timer, lets the car run but not driveable.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:14

Ahh very good point. Don't know why I didn't think of that haha...

MHSD

Postby MHSD » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:14

The term is called puffing and what they are referring to with the legality is that you can not leave a vehicle running(via the Key in the ignition). So no the R/S is not illegal on In CO.

regarding other brands of alarms. You may also want to take a look at Autopage and Compustar. Though The Directed Lines (Clifford, Viper, Python, Ect.) are very reliable.
Team MHC
Image Dynamics Sound Team Team Audison
Team Stinger
Mile High Sound Designs*Eclipse Tinting*Mac Autosports*Performace Wheel & Tire

</SPAN></SPAN>

yuanfenya

Only cash and credit cards

Postby yuanfenya » Fri May 15, 2009 9:14

Only cash and credit cards    When a man called a motel and asked how much they charged for  a room, the clerk told him that the rates depend on room size and number of people.    " Do you take children?" the man asked.    "No, sir," replied the clerk. "Only cash and credit cards."As fruit needs not only sunshine but cold nights and chilling showers to ripen it, so character needs not only joy but trial and difficulty to mellow it. (Hugh Black, American writer)More Games,joke,Lord of the Rings online gold and famous. Click http://www.ygscn.net You will get more.

Return to “Exterior Modifications”