Powder-Coating Rims

Body kits, bling, lights
Number2

Postby Number2 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14

I had my wheels powder coated at Pristine Powder coating. Guy's name is Lee and he does very good work.

Only had the wheels on for 2 weeks before it got trashed. Never got a close up shot however.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14

deepSpeedMS3 wrote:how much?

I didn't have to pay him for re-doing them. Apparently he only charged $200 the first time it was done, but the guys at the shop charged me $560 for that and getting the tires mounted and dismounted. A little steep and very crooked. I'm not sure if that's his hookup price or his normal price.

deepSpeedMS3

Postby deepSpeedMS3 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:14

Number2 wrote:I had my wheels powder coated at Pristine Powder coating. Guy's name is Lee and he does very good work.

Only had the wheels on for 2 weeks before it got trashed. Never got a close up shot however.

did he powder coat the whole wheel or just the outside of it? do you remember how much he charged you?
B) deepSpeed MS3 B)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Going fast and looking good...it's not a hobby, it's a lifestyle. EdgeAutosport.com [size=100]- [/SIZE]- [size=100]Supplying parts to all major imports [/SIZE] - Locally owned in Colorado

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14

We got my wheels back last week and they look great! However, had the tires mounted again yesterday and one of the wheels chipped again, in the middle. I'm not taking them off again, the guy said he had some stuff to touch them up. I'm doing that for now. Maybe when I need new tires again I'll take them somewhere that does better work. They claim that in their 10+ years of powdercoating that they've never seen it chip like this. Yeah, OK.

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:We got my wheels back last week and they look great! However, had the tires mounted again yesterday and one of the wheels chipped again, in the middle. I'm not taking them off again, the guy said he had some stuff to touch them up. I'm doing that for now. Maybe when I need new tires again I'll take them somewhere that does better work. They claim that in their 10+ years of powdercoating that they've never seen it chip like this. Yeah, OK.

I find that hard to believe as well. It is paint, paint chips. lol

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:14

Well it's some pretty damn thick paint then HAHA. Here is a pic but it doesn't show the wheels too well. I'll have to take another pic and post up.
Attachments
DSC02322-1.JPG

zoomzoom6

Postby zoomzoom6 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:14

I'm looking to get mine done as well. Spec Wheel & Tire in Commerce City quoted me $500+tax for all four. Any way your buddy could still hook up a local CMZC member?
2006 Redfire Metallic Mazda6i
Performance: AEM Cold-Air Intake (Red), TWM Short-Shifter

Exterior: 5% Window Tint, Clear Sidemarkers, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Powder Coated Gas Door

Wheels/Tires/Brakes: 18" Tenzo Passion-5 Rims (Black/Chrome Lip), Goodyear Eagle F-1's, F2 Drilled/Slotted Rotors

Return to “Exterior Modifications”