Lighting Assistance

Body kits, bling, lights
~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14

I have a couple of questions if ya'll don't mind my hijack... Who makes a good lamp replacement for the MS6s fogs?

And also, how difficult is it to re-aim the stock headlights?
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14

~Barn~ wrote:I have a couple of questions if ya'll don't mind my hijack... Who makes a good lamp replacement for the MS6s fogs?

And also, how difficult is it to re-aim the stock headlights?

Not sure about the fogs. I went with LED's and it won't match the stock look at all.

Re-aiming the headlights is simple though. Pop the hood and look at the headlight nearest to the fender (pic is of passenger side). Just twist this screw here and they will move up and down.
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]
New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:14

Thanks man, I'm gonna go check it out.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

tbot

Postby tbot » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:14

now what about left and right adjustment?!? My driver side headlight points over to the passenger side of the road!!! It sucks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Regulator

Postby Regulator » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:14

tbot wrote:now what about left and right adjustment?!? My driver side headlight points over to the passenger side of the road!!! It sucks

There is another adjustment screw even closer to the fender on the picture that I posted above. You can twist these things by hand even though they require a torx tool. I'd try that option first, if it doesn't help I bet something is loose.
[color="Silver"]Old: 2004 Mazda6, 2006 MS6[/color]

New: 2010 EVO X MR - 400hp, 360tq

techgeek15

Noobie Looks for Fog Lamps

Postby techgeek15 » Sat May 07, 2011 9:14

Well, I'm a noobie - this is my first post and I'm not a real car nut, so hope I don't sound too much like a complete idiot. :D

I just got a 2007 Mazda 3i (33k Front Range miles - no flood damage, Yay!) after my 1990 Mazda 626 with 247k miles gave up the ghost (*sob*). It was in great condition but after replacing the transmission it still wasn't working right, its time had come.

Anyway, The car is pretty basic and I want to do a few things to "spiff" up the M3, one of which is to add some fog lights (there aren't any). For the most part they are for safety when I drive to Denver over Monument in the winter snow. Any recommendations on styles, brands, and/or retailers would be most welcome. Maybe stock is OK?

I'm going to have them installed (I'm Mr. 10 thumbs) at a local shop in Colo Spgs (Elite) along with some other things like a satellite radio receiver and additional gauges. BTW if anyone has pointers to threads on these two subjects, that would be great.

Also, I have the stock headlamps, I'm curious about an HID upgrade (i.e. how much cost and effort to do).

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Return to “Exterior Modifications”