Tinted tails..

Body kits, bling, lights
Cesaros

Tinted tails..

Postby Cesaros » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

scooped these up from Hothatch93. did a swap of tails for $20.

no tint film or laminX, the lights were baked to remove plastic, inside was clearcoated with a little tint added so it wont ever fade or crack or have any of the nasty side effects of film.

Joey will do a full set for a good price too if you bring him your tail lights. (cheaper than taking to a tint shop!)

check him out on the WY/NoCo regional section Sticky: Epidemic MotorSports

PM Hothatch93 or PM myself for a number to reach him at.

And its actual color that is added for the tint effect...(have to clear this up for people like OCD don't get all mind boggled by this idea)
Attachments
DSCN0887.JPG

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

"a little tint added"... u think that spray tint is UV stable??? not a chance.. that crap gets hazy after a while in the sun..spray tint on the inside is no better than spray tint on the outside.. good luck removing it once that happens.

Id like to know what he charges to "bake" my taillights too, lol... im sure its not cheaper than a window tint shop doing Lamin-x on there..(which by the way is UV stable and 20mil thick, AND reversible)

All that aside, it looks good, love the tinted tails much more over bright ass stock tails
Powerstroke 6.0

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

Looks nice, although id like the option of taking it off if i wanted to. Interested to see how this holds up over time as opposed to Lamin-x which is basically indestructible.
2013 FRS

tbot

Postby tbot » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

I'm just gunna smile :)

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

OCD wrote:"a little tint added"... u think that spray tint is UV stable??? not a chance.. that crap gets hazy after a while in the sun..spray tint on the inside is no better than spray tint on the outside.. good luck removing it once that happens.

Id like to know what he charges to "bake" my taillights too, lol... im sure its not cheaper than a window tint shop doing Lamin-x on there..(which by the way is UV stable and 20mil thick, AND reversible)

All that aside, it looks good, love the tinted tails much more over bright ass stock tails

well considering this guy has been building cars longer than you knew what tail light tint was...and he has used this method for the past 11 years without any problems or fading...well I think Ill take my chances with a professional builder/fabricator than you.

but thanks for insulting his work and fabrication expertise...I'm sure he appreciates when someone claims expertise on subjects he's well schooled in.

oh, and ITS NOT SPRAY TINT, ITS A-U-T-O-M-O-T-I-V-E C-L-E-A-R C-O-A-T with C-O-L-O-R added for the tint effect. So...this is MUCH more reliable than a colored piece of rubber, or a film.

I guess him guaranteeing his method to never fade,crack,burn or have any defects or he will redo is pretty stupid too...and quoting a friend of mine $25 per tail-light/headlight....that's the same price as laminX sure...but wait...this will last the life of the car, that's just dumb rite? do some research on clear coating headlights/tailight's next time before you assume expertise on the subject.

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

you obviously dont know who i am... Ill leave it at that. I hope it works out for you
Powerstroke 6.0

bmwzoom

Postby bmwzoom » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

OCD wrote:you obviously dont know who i am... Ill leave it at that. I hope it works out for you

:D Nicely said. :D

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14

Hell yeah. This is what forums should be like! Enough of that nicey-nice, everyone loves everyone else crap! :orly:

That was the exact thing I wanted to do to mine, bake them open and spray the inside, but I'm not a fan of spray tint and I didn't want to ruin them. Also wanted a reversal option.

bobopud

Postby bobopud » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14

:lol: Oh my god this is the most hilarious thread I have seen on this board. Cesaros, I'm 99.9% sure that you don't know Eric, so I won't throw you under the bus for your comments to him, but the guy knows his shit when it comes to all things tint and tint related.

And Eric, that has got to be the most reserved response I have ever seen on an Internet forum from someone in your position. I tip my hat to you sir.
2006 SPEED6 Liquid Platinum Sport w/ Nav
Mods Completed - VG Sharkfin, 3M Clear Bra, SU Motor Mount, SU Test Pipe, 35% tint, VEI Digital Boost Gauge, Custom Defrost Vent Pod, PG Exhaust Manifold, CPE Turbo Inlet Pipe, CPE FMIC, Hacked Mazdaspeed CAI into SRI, Synapse BOV, Cobb Accessport EMS Tuner, CPE Dual 3" Catback Exhaust
Mods Needed - Catted Downpipe and finally a tune.

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14

bobopud wrote:And Eric, that has got to be the most reserved response I have ever seen on an Internet forum from someone in your position. I tip my hat to you sir.

lol.. thank you sir, I promised Id be a good boy this time around :cool:
Powerstroke 6.0

tbot

Postby tbot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14

ok, so i'm upping my smile :) to laughing :D hahaha

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14

dommo_g wrote:Hell yeah. This is what forums should be like! Enough of that nicey-nice, everyone loves everyone else crap! :orly:

That was the exact thing I wanted to do to mine, bake them open and spray the inside, but I'm not a fan of spray tint and I didn't want to ruin them. Also wanted a reversal option.

this method is reversible, you can buff the clear coat off if you need to...added to the appeal other than the whole having to crack 'em open thing.

Cesaros

Postby Cesaros » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14

OCD wrote:you obviously dont know who i am... Ill leave it at that. I hope it works out for you

obviously...and obviously you've never used clear coat with black paint as a tint option...and these tails already have a year on them, so yes it is working out for me.

tbot

Postby tbot » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14

kids these days :)

Stealth01

Postby Stealth01 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:14

How about both techniques have their pros and cons, both look good, meaning it's just a matter of personal preference?
Stealth01
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT
SURE Full3 Aeros ID300 SRI, SURE Torq R6 RMM, SURE Shortcut/Countershift, SURE Anchors, Dunlop Winterspot M3s (Winter Shoes), "O" Series Stubby Antenna, Red LED Dome & Door Lights, Whistler Pro-78 RD Hardwired, SURE Dreadnaught, Juggernaught, SURE Flow M6 TP, SURE Charge Tubes, Hawk HPS F/R Pads, Technafit SSBLs, StopTech Rotors, Cobb AP, SURE Ventus in 50-50 Hybrid Mode, [color="Lime"] PERM Tune[/color] (Stratified Auto) Coming soon: Autotech FP Internals, S6 Mounts

Return to “Exterior Modifications”