Where can you buy body kits in colorado?

Body kits, bling, lights
Bl1nD_RX

Where can you buy body kits in colorado?

Postby Bl1nD_RX » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14

Are there any places in colorado that sell aftermarket body kits? I'm having a really hard time finding a Mazdaspeed kit and i dont want to pay $200+ for shipping. if anyone knows of a place please hit me up!
2005 WWP RX-8 - Touring Package - AEM CAI

"I dare you to keep up with me."

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14

I doubt you're going to find any shop in Colorado that sells the RX-8 Mazdaspeed kit, let alone has it in stock.

Since it is a Mazdaspeed item, you can always try dealerships. I know a lot in Phoenix sold them, but with a lot of mark up, obviously. I got mine for a steal through a friend in Arizona and he doesn't deal MS parts anymore unfortunately.
:eek:

Bl1nD_RX

Postby Bl1nD_RX » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:I doubt you're going to find any shop in Colorado that sells the RX-8 Mazdaspeed kit, let alone has it in stock.

Since it is a Mazdaspeed item, you can always try dealerships. I know a lot in Phoenix sold them, but with a lot of mark up, obviously. I got mine for a steal through a friend in Arizona and he doesn't deal MS parts anymore unfortunately.

yea the dealership in longmont is a mazdaspeed dealer but its like $1400 for just the front end and like over $5000 for the whole kit with wing... i keep seeing PPW kits for sale on the 8 club site but i dont want to pay a grip for a part just to have it damaged during shipping

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14

I shipped my MS bumper from here to Jersey for $55 bucks via Greyhound bus. It's not fast and the tracking sucks but it got there in one piece. FedEx wanted $550 to ship it haha.

Find a kit for sale you want then have the seller ship Greyhound. You just have to pick it up at a local bus depot.

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:14

ebay? but sometimes fitment sucks and requires some work. then again most if not all bodykits have fitment issues.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

No where. And if you want authentic MS, you're going to pay through the nose anywhere, unless you get it used.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

iani1.1 wrote:ebay? but sometimes fitment sucks and requires some work. then again most if not all bodykits have fitment issues.

Authentic Mazdaspeed parts fit perfectly. They even come pre-painted in factory matched colors. I bolted mine on in my garage and it required absolutely zero adjustment/fitment. It actually fit better than the OEM bumper, especially around the headlights.

Plus, most/if not all eBay body kits are made of fiberglass. Hit a small bump or have a rock hit your bumper at speed and let me know how that works out for you. They shatter and do it easily. Authentic Mazdaspeed parts are made of Metton, which is even stronger and more flexible than OEM urethane. My MS bumper took a beating and asked for more without so much as cracking. It's really quite impressive.

Sorry I guess have something against cheap FRP body pieces. You pay a good chunk of change to get them ($600+ bucks for a bumper), pay to freight them, then you need pay $500+ bucks for a body shop to paint and fit it. In the end, for a cheap eBay bumper you're out $1100 + freight if not more, when an authentic MS bumper isn't too much more coin. Just my rational.

Twisted_grip

Postby Twisted_grip » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:Authentic Mazdaspeed parts fit perfectly. They even come pre-painted in factory matched colors. I bolted mine on in my garage and it required absolutely zero adjustment/fitment. It actually fit better than the OEM bumper, especially around the headlights.

Plus, most/if not all eBay body kits are made of fiberglass. Hit a small bump or have a rock hit your bumper at speed and let me know how that works out for you. They shatter and do it easily. Authentic Mazdaspeed parts are made of Metton, which is even stronger and more flexible than OEM urethane. My MS bumper took a beating and asked for more without so much as cracking. It's really quite impressive.

Sorry I guess have something against cheap FRP body pieces. You pay a good chunk of change to get them ($600+ bucks for a bumper), pay to freight them, then you need pay $500+ bucks for a body shop to paint and fit it. In the end, for a cheap eBay bumper you're out $1100 + freight if not more, when an authentic MS bumper isn't too much more coin. Just my rational.

Agreed... ebay is not the way to go.

Bl1nD_RX

Postby Bl1nD_RX » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

oh well, if anyone sees a WWP mazdaspeed kit for sale please let me know. i just picked up a MS intake and GReddy SE exhaust, now that the car sounds great i want to make it look great!

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

cheap frp pieces sucks then i found out about urethane foam. i remember i would reinforce the sideskirts with it. at drift events it would get run over and it would stay in one piece lol

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

^Yeah that sounds like a good idea. FRP just sucks. I had a friend in Phoenix who bought an FRP bumper for his 8...after buying the bumper, paying for freighting it, then paint and fitment work at the body shop (in which it took 3 times to match his paint correctly...) he was $1800 deep into the bumper.

He literally had it on for 20 miles before he went into a construction zone, hit a pole hole, bottomed out the lip and completely shattered the bumper. Just a waste IMO.

iani1.1

Postby iani1.1 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

yea frp is like glass during impact. but damn $1800 all together just for a front bumper!? i couldve gotten an authentic uras kit for the fc painted for that price lol

Dumbizzle

Postby Dumbizzle » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:14

If you can do your own body work then the ebay kits arent terrible granted most of them look pretty ricey IMO but you can make them look decent if you put the time and effort into the kit, on the other I would never pay a shop to put a body kit on for me poor fitment and a huge bill is the outcome like ^ they said, that metton material is awsome (sorry to stray away from topic) hope you find what your looking for at a decent price:D

Return to “Exterior Modifications”