Short on Zoom, so I added some boom

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

Congrats on the Boom Boom! Did you add the bass to your Bose? Or did you replace your stock with something else? I'm only curious because this is one of my projects on my list. I love the Bose, I'd like a little more boom, but not sure what to get so I don't blow out my windows, LOL.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Freezing Cx7 @ Oct 25 2007, 11:36 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=7886]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
hey bro, sorry i couldn't help you. I ended up having some car trouble this week.. Something Chewed threw some of the wires in my car, and threw a CEL. So I've been trying to get all that stuff fixed. Sorry Bro.[/b]

no worries man....hope you get all the fixed...perhaps you should upgrade to a speed? [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaGurl @ Oct 25 2007, 12:11 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=7901]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Congrats on the Boom Boom! Did you add the bass to your Bose? Or did you replace your stock with something else? I'm only curious because this is one of my projects on my list. I love the Bose, I'd like a little more boom, but not sure what to get so I don't blow out my windows, LOL.[/b]

sorry Lucky I missed this post. I considered just amping the bose sub with a bit more power, but figured it was
more trouble than it was worth, the ohm rating for the bose sub is some goofy value I would most likely blow the
sub.

Since the sub has it's own amp, I tapped into that signal sent from the HU and ran it to an aftermarket amp and sub.
I have it tweaked so it is adjusted via the bass setting in the oem hu. It sounds pretty nice.... I was mainly interested
in getting some low end sound, not slam. I have accomplished that right now, but will need to upgrade my sub to
get better sound... $$$ prevents me from doing it right now, but I am enjoying the setup....
i had the sub/box already, I picked up a nice amp on cl and snaked the wires from my other car.

I would be more that willing to let you give it a listen at an up coming meet that I probably won't attend. [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

MS3_Mafia

Postby MS3_Mafia » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14

This Thread Is Useless Without Pics....
[img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
2007 Mazdaspeed3 Sport</span>
-Mazdaspeed Short Ram Intake
-HKS SSQV Bov
-Tein S-Tech Springs
-225/40/18 Nitto Neo Gen Tires on RX-8 Wheels

<span style="color:#FF0000">http://www.JTuned.com

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14

I agree and I need to get that emoticon..
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14

keep your pants on Jack and Josh, I will post some up shortly, I just recently cleaned up the install so it looks
semi presentable...before it was...well rough would be putting it mildly....
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14

Anyone here put a good system on the RX-8 with just the stock CD player? i wouldnt mind haveing a few subs in my car but not sure how hard it would be to hook up to the stock system and how it would sound

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OpacRX @ Oct 28 2007, 04:46 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8535]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Anyone here put a good system on the RX-8 with just the stock CD player? i wouldnt mind haveing a few subs in my car but not sure how hard it would be to hook up to the stock system and how it would sound[/b]

In theory that should be possible, what kind of space you have to work with tho...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

LM

Postby LM » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Oct 28 2007, 04:03 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8526]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
keep your pants on Jack and Josh, I will post some up shortly, I just recently cleaned up the install so it looks
semi presentable...before it was...well rough would be putting it mildly....[/b]

Hey, that cleaned up nicely....looks pretty damn good dude.

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lightnin McQueen @ Oct 28 2007, 08:42 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8593]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Hey, that cleaned up nicely....looks pretty damn good dude.[/b]

yes behold the magic of photoshop... :lol: thanks!

update: upgraded the sub to a jl w3v2 4 ohm dual voice coil.
Since I can run this at 2ohms I am piping 600 watts rms into the sub which means I have to set the gain and db
down to about 1/3 so I can hear the highs. My cluge ground finally died too, so I fixed that as well.
I have a 4 channel amp to power the mids/highs, but not sure if I need to right now. I honestly don't think I would
be able to notice much of a difference installing after market mid/high speakers. Probably not enough to justify
the added expense.

installed a custom sub box and aftermarket tweeters... pics to come shortly...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:14

update! added new info/pics in the first post.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

jdmsp

Postby jdmsp » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:14

Nice! very clean. Good work.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jdmsp @ Jan 27 2008, 11:06 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=20889]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Nice! very clean. Good work.[/b]

thanks, as said before it was all lee... ;)
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:14

Looks good. Did your car come stock with a-pillar speakers? Just curious, I know my old 6 had them tucked up there.

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:14

Looks really good Guido

Return to “Interior Modifications”