Vanity Lights

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Sat May 17, 2008 9:14

Any idea what the model # for the Vanity Mirror Lights in the RX8 are?
The views discussed in this reply are not the views of the poster, the forum or anyone else. They are not meant to agree or disagree with anything contained in this post. If this post offended you in any way, you should quietly sob in the bathtub while wearing your mom's pantyhose.

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Sat May 17, 2008 9:14

Best guess from a lazy man would be 194.

Zuhalter

That was what I found on a bunch of forums too, but when you pull the light out...it is a tube light...about 30mmx6mm.

Can't find a model number at all...
The views discussed in this reply are not the views of the poster, the forum or anyone else. They are not meant to agree or disagree with anything contained in this post. If this post offended you in any way, you should quietly sob in the bathtub while wearing your mom's pantyhose.

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Sat May 17, 2008 9:14

Lots of bulb numbers are interchangeable. Best bet if you already have the bulb out is to stop by a Auto Zone or Checkers. When you say 'tube light' do you mean it's the style that has a conductor on both ends? Like so:

Zuhalter

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dommo_g @ May 17 2008, 08:47 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=46813]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Lots of bulb numbers are interchangeable. Best bet if you already have the bulb out is to stop by a Auto Zone or Checkers. When you say 'tube light' do you mean it's the style that has a conductor on both ends? Like so:

Image[/b]

Yeah, but it is shaped like a fuse. Basically the ends are not tapered. I managed to find one place online that sells something identical to it. Otherwise I haven't had a lot of luck on the LED side of things. The biggest problem is the circumference of the tube. The dome light is too thick to be used in the vanity light.

On a side note, I did find out that the vanity light lense glows a bluish color in UV light...

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Sun May 18, 2008 9:14

Ah...you didn't say you were looking for LEDs to replace them. I've had pretty good luck getting cheap LEDs from eBay. Or, if you feel like spending the cash, you can try autolumination.com

Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Mon May 19, 2008 9:14

Yeah, but I didn't specify mainly because I was looking for a model number. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to find, but upon browsing every forum, noone has a name for them, they simply call them 30mmx6mm.

I did find some on autoillumination.com...they had them labeled as a Chrysler and similar bulb. Regardless, not the right color. I'll keep on the lookout!

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Mon May 19, 2008 9:14

when I was going to change mine in the CX7 I came across the website on the CX7 forums... dont know if this will help you out any or not.. just thought I would post it up.

http://www.superbrightleds.com

Zuhalter

Postby Zuhalter » Mon May 19, 2008 9:14

Nice, thanks for the site. The biggest issue I am having is finding a light that isn't too wide. The 10mm lights I am finding everywhere are a bit too big...I could MAYBE justify making an 8mm light work.

Return to “Interior Modifications”