Tinting Suggestions

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Oct 13 2007, 09:41 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5210]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
haha no it was not a firehose car wash.. It's actually the one at Pooh Bears work. The one they take ALL their cars through. It does a REALLY good clean job, but for some reason the way the back bumper is designed on the 3's it bends the plate. I just took mine through there so much that it eventually broke off.[/b]

mmmm my car needs a wash...can I stop by?
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:14

call Pooh Bear.. I'm sure they are not doing anything and he can run it through.. it's going to rain/snow today though, might be pointless to do any outside cleaning

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Oct 13 2007, 09:59 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5213]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
call Pooh Bear.. I'm sure they are not doing anything and he can run it through.. it's going to rain/snow today though, might be pointless to do any outside cleaning[/b]

it is never a bad time to have a clean car.... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

ZoomPrincess

I only clean my car when its going to be a nice week.. I dont have the money or time to keep it clean all the time. When I had my Zoomie and I didn't have a kid I would clean my car like everyday. Now that I don't have either.. my CeXy went 3 months without a bath.. inside or out.. It was pretty disgusting, just never had time to get around to it.

tsx_guy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Oct 13 2007, 10:13 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5215]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I only clean my car when its going to be a nice week.. I dont have the money or time to keep it clean all the time. When I had my Zoomie and I didn't have a kid I would clean my car like everyday. Now that I don't have either.. my CeXy went 3 months without a bath.. inside or out.. It was pretty disgusting, just never had time to get around to it.[/b]

you know I could've gone w/o knowing how you neglect your car. j/k.... I don't let my kids in my car, which is how i keep it clean...now if I could just do
that for the house.... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

ZoomPrincess

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (6i_guy @ Oct 13 2007, 06:26 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=5241]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
you know I could've gone w/o knowing how you neglect your car. j/k.... I don't let my kids in my car, which is how i keep it clean...now if I could just do
that for the house.... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img][/b]

yes yes I know I'm a car abuser... I wish I could not let my son in the car, but then I would have no way to get him to daycare and home and any other errands I may have with him. We bought Pooh Bear's car for the "family" car but it became the "race" car when I got the CX-7. Now if I get this 6 that HOPEFULLY will be coming here, then it will be clean all the time, rain or shine.

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:14

I may be a little late on this topic, but Colorado law is 27%, I know weird number, but if you put a layer of 30 on factory tinted windows, you get 27%. You can only go full dark on back windows if the front two are non-tinted. It's not legal to tint any lights or full tint the windshield. We have all seen these variations done on one or more cars, but the fines start at $500. In Cospgs the cops will actually write the tickets, and the second fine is double, third is impounding. They will also fine the shop that did the tint if they find out who did it. That's why most tint shops win't give any paperwork on non-legal tint. I only know this crap because I installed security and sound systems professionally for many years and some of the shops I worked in also sold window tint. I hope this helps....
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:14

you are correct with the law being 27%, however clear (non tinted) glass has a VLT of 93%. So, if you put a 30% on the window, it will read a 23% on the VLT meter. The man who helped pass the Colorado Law actually worked with us for a while, and he said the law is 27% so that installers can legally install up to 35% on the window. Thats why its a 'weird number'.

Now, to answer your question, I personally think you are borderline getting pulled over already. Usually, we see people start getting harassed when they go darker than 15%. 15% is basically what factory privacy tint is. Any darker than that, and you are definitely going to have a higher chance of getting pulled over. Have I ever? NO.....Do I know anybody who has? NO. Have I heard hundreds of stories about it? YES. Thats the thing, it depends on where you primarily drive, how you drive, and when you drive. Certain times of the day makes the film look dark as hell, while other times you can see right through it. If you get a cop whos itching to be a prick, then expect to get asked about your tint when you are stopped. Good rule of thumb, ROLL YOUR WINDOWS DOWN WHEN YOU GET STOPPED. Unless he stopped you for tint directly, (which is super rare, unless you live in Boulder) then you will never have issues. With that in mind, some people choose to go as dark as they can in the rear half, and lighter on the front two. The idea behind this is that cops are only interested in the front 2 windows, and if they can see better in the front 2 than the back two, it sort of creates an illusion of being lighter than it really is. How much lighter you go in the front will change the looks of the car drastically, so try not to do too many shades lighter. Anyways, an honest opinion would be you can "safely" go darker in the rear half, but I would not suggest doing it darker on the front 2. Keep your 15 on the front and do a 10 or a 5 on the rear. Again, theres hundreds of people who do it, and NEVER have issues, but thats pure hit and miss. And remember, if a cop has a VLT meter, anything darker than 35% will get you a nice ticket with a fine attached!! Boulder is cracking down BIG TIME on tinting, every officer is equipped with a digital VLT meter, Commerce City has about 25% of the force with meters, and Aurora has them as well.

Other cities are unknown, if anybody wants to chime in on personal experience, its always nice to know where people are getting hit with tint tickets

and p.s. - sorry I didnt chime in earlier, didnt see this post until now....

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:14

Also i wanted to say that you need to consider how many windows you have. On my car i had a 20 done. On my sisters malibu she had a 15 done. Because her windows are so much bigger than mine, my car is darker.
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.
255 (f) Dunlap 275® Bridgestone

Up Next: Project RX-8!

firestoned

Postby firestoned » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:14

yeah, the more light you let in through larger windows, the lighter it will appear, also need to take into consideration the color of the interior. Obviously, lighter colors will make the tint appear lighter.

Return to “Interior Modifications”