Manual Transmission Remote Start

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14

AIM WO4 wrote:Another problem... You won't want to apply your handbrake during very cold weather. They don't always disenguage cleanly. And that's when you'd probably want the remote start the most! LOL

My Mazda is the only car that this actually happens to too. I drug my right rear wheel for several miles on the snow a couple winters ago. Once I hit a patch of clean pavement: BAM! And then the car started tracking straight like it should.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Colombia28

Postby Colombia28 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14

^Interesting. I haven't had this problem with either of my Mazda's. And my old 3 had to sit outside all winter and the H-brake never froze up on me.
2008 Cosmic Blue Speed3 - NEW :D
2006 Copper Red Mica 3 hatch - SOLD :(
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14

This is real common with cars that have rear drum brakes but can happen some time with disks. It is caused usually by a small amount of water getting in there.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14

It hasn't happened to me in CO- just in KS. The snow in KS seems to be wetter than it is out here. Lots more ice out there. I also pulled apart my rear calipers and lubed up the slider pins really well. And here in CO, my car really doesn't park out in the elements all that much. It goes from the garage at home to the garage at work.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4

mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

tbot

Postby tbot » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14

I know the alarm i have is specifically designed with MT in mind. It basically does everything thru the cars computer. I have a clifford, but them, viper and python are all the same thing from Directed Electronics. Its pretty slick, but then again finding a shop to install it is something else.

MHSD

Postby MHSD » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:14

tbot wrote:I know the alarm i have is specifically designed with MT in mind. It basically does everything thru the cars computer. I have a clifford, but them, viper and python are all the same thing from Directed Electronics. Its pretty slick, but then again finding a shop to install it is something else.

YOu actually have what was still the old Clifford prior to DEI buy out.

They did offer two models with the man trans start.

Now the brand doing this currently is Compustar.. I am in the works of getting the line set up in my company.
Team MHC
Image Dynamics Sound Team Team Audison
Team Stinger
Mile High Sound Designs*Eclipse Tinting*Mac Autosports*Performace Wheel & Tire

</SPAN></SPAN>

yuanfenya

Sex

Postby yuanfenya » Fri May 15, 2009 9:14

THE SCHOOL HEALTH FORMS had been distributed to the students with an error---the word "Sex" had been spelled with an "o". One mother, filling out the form for her son, wrote in the blank next to "Sox": "Usually brown."Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the freedom to choose his attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Leonhard Frand , German novelist)More Games,joke,lotro gold and famous. Click http://www.ygscn.net You will get more.

Return to “Interior Modifications”