My Freshly Wrapped Center Console Lid

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AIM WO4 @ Aug 15 2008, 01:34 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60281]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I like! Where can I get the material??[/b]

Umm....IDK. I know there's a materials store out on Mississippi off of Santa Fe tha would have it. I got it from the guy that was gonna do my interior.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Aug 15 2008, 01:50 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60283]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
And you gotta do the rear lid to match it you keep this color combo. I guess the velcro ShiftStyle one is the one for the Zeta raised pad. The one Shiftstyle did, even for the stock lid, has a bad fit. Wrinkles, bulges, etc, etc.[/b]

Linky for me please. Cuzz that cushion thingy was nasty looking. I can't beleive somebody bought it and others do. Adds 3ft to the door. I don't think you can even open the lid anymore to get to the rear compartment. Eeewww.

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Aug 15 2008, 02:11 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60286]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Linky for me please. Cuzz that cushion thingy was nasty looking. I can't beleive somebody bought it and others do. Adds 3ft to the door. I don't think you can even open the lid anymore to get to the rear compartment. Eeewww.[/b]

Here's the nasty shiftstyle stuff, and this is without the horrible armpad.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14

Here's the link I promised- I swear, there used to be a complete thread somewhere that showed step by step, each and every thing he did...I think he's changed just about everything on that car; pretty crazy.

http://www.rmcb5.com/forums/index.php/topic,6897.0.html

http://www.rmcb5.com/forums/index.php/topic,101.0.html

While I was on there, I pulled up my old "beast"....or money pit should I say. I definetely would've made some different choices if I had to do it over again- live and learn.
http://www.rmcb5.com/forums/index.php/topic,6759.0.html
one and one makes two, together we are free

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:14

That blue stitching looks nice Jimmy!
2013 FRS

AIM WO4

Postby AIM WO4 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:14

Thanks. I think I'll redo my Spitfire interior myself. I can't find a dashpad, so I need some good material to do the job. It will be tight!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Aug 15 2008, 02:11 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60286]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Umm....IDK. I know there's a materials store out on Mississippi off of Santa Fe tha would have it. I got it from the guy that was gonna do my interior.

Linky for me please. Cuzz that cushion thingy was nasty looking. I can't beleive somebody bought it and others do. Adds 3ft to the door. I don't think you can even open the lid anymore to get to the rear compartment. Eeewww.[/b]
AIM WO4
[color=#339966][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][color=gray]CMZƆ[/color][/color][/font]
[size=75]2012 Sinful Sallow, Evo X GSR[/SIZE]

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Aug 15 2008, 03:57 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60292]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Here's the nasty shiftstyle stuff, and this is without the horrible armpad.

Image[/b]

Wow. I don't think I've seen that one before. And they sell that and people actually buy it? I should sell my services over on 8 club. All I would require is they send me they're door to wrap seeing as I wrappped mine over the old cushion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingtut @ Aug 15 2008, 05:30 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60302]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Here's the link I promised- I swear, there used to be a complete thread somewhere that showed step by step, each and every thing he did...I think he's changed just about everything on that car; pretty crazy.

http://www.rmcb5.com/forums/index.php/topic,6897.0.html

http://www.rmcb5.com/forums/index.php/topic,101.0.html

While I was on there, I pulled up my old "beast"....or money pit should I say. I definetely would've made some different choices if I had to do it over again- live and learn.
http://www.rmcb5.com/forums/index.php/topic,6759.0.html[/b]

Wow....He did a lot. Those blue seats are nice. Now I want to do Blue Perferated inserts for my seats. I think I'm gonna do a Graphite Perferated though. So that means I gotta redo the console door. But it's alrigth cause I know what to do know.

That one made good practice. I wonder how hard it is to do the seats. Anybody know of a template online so I can cut out the different sections?

ImageImage

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Aug 16 2008, 05:48 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60362]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Wow....He did a lot. Those blue seats are nice. Now I want to do Blue Perferated inserts for my seats. I think I'm gonna do a Graphite Perferated though. So that means I gotta redo the console door. But it's alrigth cause I know what to do know.

That one made good practice. I wonder how hard it is to do the seats. Anybody know of a template online so I can cut out the different sections?[/b]

That would look good- Stupid question: don't people just use the old material as a template, or did I misunderstand? ...that's what I'd do anyway; at least to get a good start, then work off that.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingtut @ Aug 17 2008, 01:03 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60431]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
That would look good- Stupid question: don't people just use the old material as a template, or did I misunderstand? ...that's what I'd do anyway; at least to get a good start, then work off that.[/b]

Yea they use the old peices but I don't want to deconstruct any of the seats in my car or the lincoln. Mebe if I head out to a junk yard I can steel the leather out of a towncar to practice on. Wonder how much they'd charge?

ImageImage

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Aug 17 2008, 01:36 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=60438]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yea they use the old peices but I don't want to deconstruct any of the seats in my car or the lincoln. Mebe if I head out to a junk yard I can steel the leather out of a towncar to practice on. Wonder how much they'd charge?[/b]

I agree, sounds like a junkyard's a pretty good bet. In relation to F-ing up one of your seats, etc., I'm sure to go snag a seat would be next to nothing. I think I went to that joint on Sante Fe (in Englewood where there's that Denver Bronco's-colored car on display out front) and pulled some parts for my old Mustang. All I remember was it was cheeeeap- But again, that was over ten years ago...its been awhile since I went -a-scrapin'

Return to “Interior Modifications”