Painting Door Panels?

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14

if you go to Burt just let Ed know what happened, he doesn't really care about Mods or anything like that. Or that something is missing. hahah He is a VERY cool guy, ask Angelo, he'll tell you.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Nov 5 2007, 10:57 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9521]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Curious to see how it turns out. Can't wait to see some pics.[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OpacRX @ Nov 5 2007, 11:36 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9529]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Never know i would bring it in if they say some stupid shit like that just put panels back on and go back in lol if they wont take it then i would just go to another dealership but i cant see why they would do something like that. cant wait to see how they turn out [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img][/b]

I have a delay. I'm taking the car in for servicing tomorrow morning and i PM'd Freezing CX7 (Josh) and he advises it'd be wise to put the panels bak on so they don't try to somehow blame the CEL I got on the way to the springs due to me bothering anything. So I'll slap them back on really quick. It should take no more than 5 minutes to pull them completely off again since I know where all the screws are. New schedueled plan is Tuesday if I get my car back from the dealer because the CEL was a no biggy I'll take pics of the teardown of teh panels Probably tape off what doesn't need to be painted. (I'll explain in the DIY why and what needs to be taped off) and hopefully sometime before friday be able borrow my Bro's garrage and use his spray gun.

I already painted a R/C controller I had and it came out pretty good for the little peice that I brushed on.

ImageImage

jdmsp

Postby jdmsp » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14

Don't do it! ok I am a skeptic when it comes to painting anything in the interior but I am not sure what the 8 interior looks like so definately post pics when done. Oh and take your time for sure.

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14

Trish is right. Ed over at Burt is really cool about warranty work. However you should take it to Lakewood first. As long as you have all the electronics plugged in there should be no problem checking the CEL. As i remember, when they are checking a CEL it is because may have been wrong at the moment it truned on, the doors wont have anything to do with that.

I would like to see some pics when you are done as well, please.
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.
255 (f) Dunlap 275® Bridgestone

Up Next: Project RX-8!

ZoomPrincess

noooo don't go to Lakewood.... Burt and only Burt!!! [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

Buffalo

i agree, but just to get a CEL looked at he can go anywhere. Go to Burt if there is work to be done.
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.

ZoomPrincess

ok that's better... hahaha

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Nov 5 2007, 12:54 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9540]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
noooo don't go to Lakewood.... Burt and only Burt!!! [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img][/b]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Lakewood! Nooooooooooooooooo...there isn't a person there I would let within about a 5 mile radius of my car. And that's too close for comfort.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:14

If there's work to be done with it, like another new motor then I'll go to Burt. Probably start going there my next oil change so around JAN. Personally I used to love Lakewood service before they changed owners and service managers. I used to look forward to oil changes there but know I dread them.

ImageImage

Buffalo

I am sorry but i get into the far left lane when heading west on Colfax just so i don't get close to Lakewood. I would rather have my car towed to arapahoe, paid out of my pocket myself, then Lakewood. If it broke down that is.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:14

Another delay. Yay. So my CEL was due to bad coils and the heavy vibrations are due to bad motor mounts. I though I would be writing a DIY to day for taking the door panels apart but no. They kept my car all day yesterday and all day today. I didn't make it there in time to pick it up so I'm going in the morning. So tomorrow expect there to be a new post in the RX-8 DIY for door panels and the days followin to be another for paintin the interoir. It's official now, I'm going to Burt from now on.

ImageImage

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:14

I konw. It was only a matter of time.

ZoomPrincess

Postby ZoomPrincess » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Nov 7 2007, 09:22 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9915]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Another delay. Yay. So my CEL was due to bad coils and the heavy vibrations are due to bad motor mounts. I though I would be writing a DIY to day for taking the door panels apart but no. They kept my car all day yesterday and all day today. I didn't make it there in time to pick it up so I'm going in the morning. So tomorrow expect there to be a new post in the RX-8 DIY for door panels and the days followin to be another for paintin the interoir. It's official now, I'm going to Burt from now on.[/b]

we warned you, but you didn't listen!!!

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CeXy7 @ Nov 8 2007, 10:13 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=9982]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
we warned you, but you didn't listen!!![/b]

I know. Calm down already. I'm going to go to Burt from now on. I picked it up early this morning and just got back from school.

So I have to stop posting right now because I'm going to take pics for the DIY on removing door panels on. Expect a new DIY RX-8 door panel removal soon.

Edit - One more small delay. i'm sitting here laughing like a mad man. I need to charge the Camera. I went outside turned it on took one pic and the battery died. [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/68baacd4.gif[/img] [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30b82258.gif[/img] [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/1e187f04.gif[/img] [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/70bbd918.gif[/img] [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]

ImageImage

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14

Double Post. I just got done writting two DIY's. One for the rear seat removal. Very easy to do. Also one for how to remove the Front/Rear/Rear Side Panels. Check them out. Next, Hopefully tomorrow night I will have one on painting interior.

ImageImage

Return to “Interior Modifications”