Useless Cup Holders!

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sleepy Buffalo @ Oct 18 2007, 06:54 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=6496]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Choices. Choices. I would love to check it out once you have it complete. As for the cup holders... The way i see it, if you go anywhere and get something to drink, where are you going to put it? However, if you have a friend along for the ride, DONE! They can hold it. If they didn't want to hold it, they should have driven instead.

All you need to really worry about is when you are alone and thirsty. Choices. Choices.[/b]

The rear ones Duhh. J/K

That would be reall hard to reach around and get. You make a very intresting poin there. what if you leav the rear cup holder in it's place and jus cut out the front one. Never mind. That would be pintless too caus of the little cut out for the Ebreak you wouldn't have much space. Hmm, What to do, what to do. [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/1769f87c.gif[/img]

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14

I use the rear cup holders (or my girlfriend) now as it is. It's pretty much a weekend car at this point, and I rarely drink/eat in the car so it's something I won't miss at all.

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14

Do you have cup holders in the door as well?
2013 FRS

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheNewBlack @ Oct 19 2007, 10:02 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=6612]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Do you have cup holders in the door as well?[/b]

Nope, 2 in the middle console in the front (right behind the shifter) and two in the rear. I've got long arms, I can reach the rear cup holders pretty easily if I need to.

I'm usually a Gatorade/Powerade person if I drink in the car anyway, and those suckers don't fit in the cupholders.

TheNewBlack

Postby TheNewBlack » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:14

I count my crotch as 1 cupholder.
2013 FRS

Huzer21

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheNewBlack @ Oct 19 2007, 10:05 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=6616]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I count my crotch as 1 cupholder.[/b]

Ditto. So there...I'm not losing out. Haha.

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheNewBlack @ Oct 19 2007, 10:05 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=6616]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I count my crotch as 1 cupholder.[/b]

LOL. I never looked at my crotch like that before. I guess it is the closest one in any car. Anyway, once you get it done i would really like to check it out. Of if maybe you need some help i could see what i could do. However, if i were you I wouldn't let me touch your car.
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.
255 (f) Dunlap 275® Bridgestone

Up Next: Project RX-8!

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:14

CD changer arrived today, and I'm going to start monkeying around with things tomorrow. At least that's my current plan. I guess it's off to the store tonight. Weee.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 23 2007, 03:05 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=7483]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
CD changer arrived today, and I'm going to start monkeying around with things tomorrow. At least that's my current plan. I guess it's off to the store tonight. Weee.[/b]

Don't Forget about the hidden bolt on the driver side of the consule. It will hold the whole unit in there. It's tuff to get to. Espeially for us tall ppl. At least your not doing it at night in 0 degree weather. If you have trouble just ask. if you don't mind me asking, Where did you get it from?

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Oct 23 2007, 11:39 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=7620]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Don't Forget about the hidden bolt on the driver side of the consule. It will hold the whole unit in there. It's tuff to get to. Espeially for us tall ppl. At least your not doing it at night in 0 degree weather. If you have trouble just ask. if you don't mind me asking, Where did you get it from?[/b]

The changer came from a member on rx8club. I know everyone else is in IPod land, but some of us weirdos still have CDs, too.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 24 2007, 08:17 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=7634]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
The changer came from a member on rx8club. I know everyone else is in IPod land, but some of us weirdos still have CDs, too.[/b]

iPod land. Tell me about it. Apple rips soo many ppl off it's not even funny. i kinda wish I got a mp3 cd player but the Changer works just fine for me. better than the single. I think I'm going to set up a 3.5 mm jack so I could play any mp3 player through the speakers. I just gotta look online for a good kit.

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

Tonight finally begins phase 1. So tonight, I'm pulling out the center console and painting. While it's out, I'll measure some more, and work on building a replacement for the cup holders. I'm not going to cut anything until I'm certain I can do a decent enough job. I'm kind of a perfectionist, so unless I'm really comfortable fabbing something, it'll remain stock. I have a feeling all will turn out ok, though.

At a minimum, paint will be happening.

OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 26 2007, 02:58 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8328]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Tonight finally begins phase 1. So tonight, I'm pulling out the center console and painting. While it's out, I'll measure some more, and work on building a replacement for the cup holders. I'm not going to cut anything until I'm certain I can do a decent enough job. I'm kind of a perfectionist, so unless I'm really comfortable fabbing something, it'll remain stock. I have a feeling all will turn out ok, though.

At a minimum, paint will be happening.[/b]

So where did you find tita gray paint to match? i like black but will be cool to see how the gray turns out [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img]

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OpacRX @ Oct 27 2007, 02:23 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8454]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
So where did you find tita gray paint to match? i like black but will be cool to see how the gray turns out [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif[/img][/b]

Still searching. I'm NOT ordering it online for $20 a can. Freakin' hard to find color!!!

OpacRX

Postby OpacRX » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 27 2007, 04:03 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8465]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Still searching. I'm NOT ordering it online for $20 a can. Freakin' hard to find color!!![/b]

Ah hehe yeah i wonder if a body shop could mix up some for you for a good price

Return to “Interior Modifications”