That Was Easy...

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

Swapped out the single disc with a changer today. The hidden bolt wasn't too bad, the 10" extension worked perfectly. There's a little indent in the metal bracket under the steering wheel where the ratchet fit perfectly with the extension! I guess it's a lot easier when you're using factory equipment, rather than using an aftermarket unit. Plug and play, baby!

Ahhh, much better than the single disc. I was anxious to get this installed and knew it wouldn't take long. I wish all mods (if you can call it that) were this easy.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 25 2007, 05:43 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8074]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Swapped out the single disc with a changer today. The hidden bolt wasn't too bad, the 10" extension worked perfectly. There's a little indent in the metal bracket under the steering wheel where the ratchet fit perfectly with the extension! I guess it's a lot easier when you're using factory equipment, rather than using an aftermarket unit. Plug and play, baby!

Ahhh, much better than the single disc. I was anxious to get this installed and knew it wouldn't take long. I wish all mods (if you can call it that) were this easy.[/b]

I know what your feeling right now. Always helps to have light and a 75 degree day to work in. I had to get in ackward positions to see the bolt and was freezing soo bad, I could barley feel my fingers and feet and had a flash light. I was way too anxious to get it in there when I got it. Should have waited till the next day. I also didn't know about the hidden bolt so I was snooping around for hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't pull out. I finally went to RX-8 club and after PM'ing some one I went a hunting.

Congradulations and Enjoy!

ImageImage

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Greek8 @ Oct 25 2007, 06:01 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8076]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
I know what your feeling right now. Always helps to have light and a 75 degree day to work in. I had to get in ackward positions to see the bolt and was freezing soo bad, I could barley feel my fingers and feet and had a flash light. I was way too anxious to get it in there when I got it. Should have waited till the next day. I also didn't know about the hidden bolt so I was snooping around for hours trying to figure out why it wouldn't pull out. I finally went to RX-8 club and after PM'ing some one I went a hunting.

Congradulations and Enjoy![/b]

Yeah, having decent weather to do it in, and the help of rx8club's pics of the hidden bolt made things much easier. Easy going! I'm sure I'll be cursing when I start the real work on the inside.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 25 2007, 06:05 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8077]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Yeah, having decent weather to do it in, and the help of rx8club's pics of the hidden bolt made things much easier. Easy going! I'm sure I'll be cursing when I start the real work on the inside.[/b]

good work man,,,can you snag me a mp3 capable 6 disc player for my 6 and install in? [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

SpeedRacer

Postby SpeedRacer » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

where the heck is the pics?
Heavy duty adjustable dog leashes
http://www.TitanTuff.com

Buffalo

Postby Buffalo » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:14

Good thing that was easy for you. Now you can enjoy plenty of music on the way to the springs. Right?
05 RX-8 RB revi (ram air) intake. ACT prolight flywheel. Clutch Masters stage 1. Axialflow short shifter. Tinted windows.
255 (f) Dunlap 275® Bridgestone

Up Next: Project RX-8!

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4
mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

Huzer21

Postby Huzer21 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpeedRacer @ Oct 25 2007, 08:04 PM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8095]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
where the heck is the pics?[/b]

Two screws and a bolt is all it takes to remove. I didn't feel it was pic worthy. Haha. And for some reason, it seems there aren't a lot of people that do factory stereo accessories.

Now if only I wasn't a bonehead and left a CD in the old single disc unit. [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/70bbd918.gif[/img]

MazdaTom

Postby MazdaTom » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

^^Done that!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1997 Explorer XLT - 4.0 SOHC V6 Controltrac 4x4

mods- 30" BFGs, AAL + TT = 1.5" lift, more to come

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:14

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MazdaTom @ Oct 26 2007, 08:00 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8138]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Image[/b]

nice....my favorite commercial is when the intern runs out of toner on the copy machine... [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Huzer21 @ Oct 26 2007, 08:24 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=8152]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]</div>
Two screws and a bolt is all it takes to remove. I didn't feel it was pic worthy. Haha. And for some reason, it seems there aren't a lot of people that do factory stereo accessories.

Now if only I wasn't a bonehead and left a CD in the old single disc unit. [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/70bbd918.gif[/img][/b]

was that the cd I lent to you? [img]http://coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif[/img]
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Return to “Interior Modifications”