Bose And Subs...

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
firestoned

Postby firestoned » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14

Ive had enough fun with the Bose, thought Id be ok with it cosidering the weight of my sub and amp....BUT, Ive had my itchings, and thinking Im going to at least get the amp and subs going in there for now... Not sure how much the added 90 lbs will make a difference, but Im willing to gamble, need my bass... Which wire do I use off the Bose amp for a sub signal?

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14

okay here is what I did, I was ripped a new one when I posted this on mazda6club, but what I have done appears to work just fine and I think it is the correct way, don't hold me to it tho!

From your bose sub there are 4 wires:
thick black: chassis ground
thick blue/red strip: 12V ACC amp turn on
thin black/red(or silver) strip: signal (positive lead)
thin brown: signal reference ground

I ran a test setup to get an idea how it was done and used the signal (black/red) and was able to get some sound
to my sub via amp, but the signal was very very weak.

What I did (with a lot of help from Lee) for the actual install was take the speaker connections AFTER the bose sub and plugged those into a LOC then ran some RCA's to the amp. I used the blue/red wire as the amp remote turn on. I used 8g wire for the ground and power from the battery. Been pretty happy with the results. Right now it is just a sealed box,
but hope to do a custom one later on. I have a few pics in the gallery to give you and idea. I have since cleaned up the
wires again and upgraded the sub....

RCA's to the amp.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

Return to “Interior Modifications”