Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Thu May 28, 2009 9:14

Ya they can turn on or off any 12v system, it's pretty cool

Check this out: http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/
:eek:

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu May 28, 2009 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by not having the range? I guess that could be true for the FD but my car's ideal A/F is about 13.5

I had the discussion a couple years ago with one of my buddies in NC about which wideband to go with, and he told me the AEM doesn't have the range but now I can't remember off the top of my head, haha. I think he was saying it only goes up to 12 or something but I could be wrong.

Ranger wrote:I have the aem on my car...it goes to 11 (LOL) but the digital readout will display lower.

11 is actually just a tad rich, but it's about right if you don't have a tune. Better to be a tad rich than running any little bit of lean.

chickenwafer wrote:I have the AEM UEGO wideband it works great, but I've heard the NGK O2 sensor is the one to get (the AEM uses a less accurate Bosch sensor).

...I priced out a wideband, boost, water temp, oil temp, oil press, fuel press, and voltage and it was like $1350! :eek::eek:

Maybe it was the sensor that was causing it to not have the range or something, I don't remember for sure.

I paid $630 for STRI gauges...water temp, oil temp, oil press, fuel press, and boost. And around $400 for the wideband, but the gauge I got was a little more expensive than I could have gotten. Now I'm also looking for EGT gauges since I'll be running one for each rotor, but I want to be able to datalog all this.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Thu May 28, 2009 9:14

^My AEM will read as rich as 9.5 I believe, I've never hit it tho. The richest I've seen is 10.5 or so. It will also read 20 on decel.

For a dual probe EGT gauge check THIS out, the Koso digital gauges are pure awesome! The one with the "stinger" probe(s) are super fast acting, and the digital display makes it easy to read.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Thu May 28, 2009 9:14

I meant that the digital LED part of it reads down to 11...not that my car runs that rich. But it does run that rich a lot of the time come to think of it...idles around 11, but it's more like 12-13 under boost. And yeah it is pretty rich on purpose, like you said I'd rather be rich than be lean and blow a brand new engine lol. Somehow I still manage to average around 15 MPG. Can't wait to get it tuned. And yeah AEM gauges are crazy expensive...the only one that is affordable is the wideband gauge, oddly enough. But all good quality digital gauges cost that much from what I can see...

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Fri May 29, 2009 9:14

What EMS do you have? I could possibly help you out with that tuning

Not to threadjack LOL

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri May 29, 2009 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:^My AEM will read as rich as 9.5 I believe, I've never hit it tho. The richest I've seen is 10.5 or so. It will also read 20 on decel.

For a dual probe EGT gauge check THIS out, the Koso digital gauges are pure awesome! The one with the "stinger" probe(s) are super fast acting, and the digital display makes it easy to read.

Yeah mine goes really high on decel too.

I've seen those Koso gauges. I might go that range but I'm kinda trying to stay with analog looking gauges, like the ones Pineapple Racing sells. Thanks for the link!

Ranger wrote:I meant that the digital LED part of it reads down to 11...not that my car runs that rich. But it does run that rich a lot of the time come to think of it...idles around 11, but it's more like 12-13 under boost. And yeah it is pretty rich on purpose, like you said I'd rather be rich than be lean and blow a brand new engine lol. Somehow I still manage to average around 15 MPG. Can't wait to get it tuned. And yeah AEM gauges are crazy expensive...the only one that is affordable is the wideband gauge, oddly enough. But all good quality digital gauges cost that much from what I can see...

13 is kinda high during boost actually, especially without a tune. I mean, if you had a tune and it was that high, I'd feel more comfortable haha.

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:14

Yeah I have my tune with 11.2-11.5 in boost right now, it's rich but good for a safe pump gas street tune. With my water-meth map I run a lot more timing and 11.8-12.2 in boost

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14

Which injection kit did you get? I have the FJO water-meth kit but I haven't installed it yet. I'm going to put the kit on and then start using it when I get my new turbo kit and a tune.

Ranger

Postby Ranger » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:14

chickenwafer wrote:What EMS do you have? I could possibly help you out with that tuning

Not to threadjack LOL

Apex'i Power FC. I don't have any clue about tuning lol so I was just going to take it to MAC Autosport or SR Tuning down in CO Springs...

Oh and my AEM gauge simply doesn't read at all on decel. :confused:

goldrocket

Postby goldrocket » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:14

Chris, I have AUtometer guages in my car and have been very happy with them. I bought my AF before wideband was available and it's still pretty accurate. Must have something to do with the carbs being tuned on the dyno at SR tuning. hehe. Anyway, it did follow the AF readout on Franks equipment. It doesn't bounce around all over the place while the car is idling. It only moves with throttle. The autometers also come with three light color choices and a few more available from autometer as accessory choices.
Al says
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!:eek:

Return to “Interior Modifications”