DO NOT get reupsholstering done by this person...

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
erod550

Postby erod550 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14

speedjunkie wrote:"the only option now is PIIDB"

Had to Urban Dictionary that one. Couldn't stop laughing for a solid 5 minutes, lol.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14

*DarthRX8* wrote:Lets role over there 10 deep and ask for a status!

Seriously though, you should go and see what she has done. If it is nothing then get them back and go another route.

OOO!! If we do roll anywhere can it be old school mafia style? Tommy guns, fedoras and cigars included? :)

Seriously though, you have a wonderful tolerance for people. I would have flipped s*** on her by now, regardless of her age.
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled
2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14

^That would be awesome! I used to want to wear a zoot suit too, with the long chain haha. I think you're one of the VERY few people saying I have a wonderful tolerance, most of the responders to my threads (on the other forums anyway) tell me I'm a monster for treating an old lady this way haha.

Eric, I was wondering if I'd have to explain what that meant haha.

Sterling, and everyone else...an update...

So I went over there today, and STILL didn't get the seats. I did get to see them though, and they look pretty good. The stitching kinda sucks actually, but it's so hard to see the blue thread you can't tell unless you're right up on it. She claims there is only 2 more hours of work and she said she's off work tomorrow and gave me her word they will be ready tomorrow after noon, whatever her word is worth anyway.

Morris went with me today (he talked to her yesterday while I was talking to the police) and he gave her an earful about putting his name through the mud by pulling this crap, and he told her she should have just told us the truth about how long it was going to take instead of stringing us along.

From what I can tell there really is only a couple hour's work left though. The bases of both seats are finished aside from attaching a couple more clips on one, and the centers need to be put into the leans and those need to be clipped down. I think that's it. Oh, other than the ebrake and shift boots still need to be completed I believe. Hopefully I can post pics tomorrow, but for some reason I'm not counting on it haha.

I got a look at Frank's seats too...all I can say is there is a snowball's chance in hell that he is getting him by his promised date of next Monday. I'll let him expand on that if he wants since they are his seats.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

Eric, if you need me to go down there with you I can.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

PXRdriFT

Postby PXRdriFT » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

Yea she told me on Sunday that she pulled apart both seats and they would be ready for pickup this coming Monday morning. Eric saw my seats and the passenger seat looks untouched! I want to see if with this come to Jesus meeting she had with Eric and Morris she'll give me a ring a be upfront with the current status and give me a real completion date.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

^Don't hold your breath Frank. I'll let you know if I actually get to pick up my seats tonight.

What do you mean Chris? You gonna bring some weapons? Maybe we can waterboard her HAHA

RX-7 Chris

I'm Italian, must I say more.

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

My Car Blog

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:I'm Italian, must I say more.

you must, you must! (blazing saddles reference)

perhaps beat her with your old computer. :lol:

get all windows 98 on her a$$!
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

RX-7 Chris

6i_guy wrote:you must, you must! (blazing saddles reference)

perhaps beat her with your old computer. :lol:

get all windows 98 on her a$$!

I was going more for a dead fish or a horses head.:lol:

My Car Blog

bellalyssa

Postby bellalyssa » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:I was going more for a dead fish or a horses head.:lol:

That's how my G-Pa rolled.

Yay Italians :)
2004 Mazda3s Hatchback: Totalled

2002 Audi A4 Avant: Sold

2013 Subaru WRX 5-door: Stage 1

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

RX-7 Chris wrote:I was going more for a dead fish or a horses head.:lol:

but horse head is so expensive this time of year, and you just bought a PC.

BOT: keep us posted on the updates...
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

WINGSPD

No good deed shall go unpunished.

Postby WINGSPD » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

I'm willing to bet that the seats are still not finished and that the O.P., that's original poster, not old person, will not be able to pick them up as the upholsterer will not be available when the time comes. I could be wrong, but that's my prediction. Please update us soon. Thanks.

PXRdriFT

Postby PXRdriFT » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

He got the seats! I don't anticipate mine will be done anytime soon.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

Sorry guys and gals, it's been a busy night so far.

Well, hell must have frozen over, because as Frank said, I did get the seats. She actually had them finished. The shift boot and ebrake boot aren't what I wanted, but I'll take them somewhere else and get them redone. I also got the leftover blue thread, so at least I can give that to whoever does the boots and it will match. And now, some pics...

I'm not sure if you can tell, but she even put the pocket on the back of the passenger side, like the stock covers had. I didn't expect that. She also got the seatbelt holders on there too, which I love. However, the stitchwork is kinda eh, and it sucks that I got blue thread because of that haha. You can't really tell from a distance that there is blue thread, you have to get up close to see it. Actually, you can see it better in these pics than you can in person haha.

I had them installed in the car within an hour of getting them home, but I haven't driven the car yet because a friend of ours just got back from deployment tonight so we went out with her and her husband (both of whom I was stationed with in NC) to eat after the airport and we just got home. Tomorrow though!

Oh, I also have a bad feeling that she might have put too much foam in the bottom of the seat and now my head will be hitting the roof again haha. I'll have to see tomorrow.

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:14

Looks good. This is actually getting me into the mood to finish mine. Might pull out the rest of the rear seats peices and start them next week. Then probably a year later I'll do the front seats. LOL.

ImageImage

Return to “Interior Modifications”