DO NOT get reupsholstering done by this person...

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:14

I thought you might like that, LOL.

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14

Seats done yet or are you going to miss another meet? :lol:

I can't really talk. I haven't been to one in a while either....

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14

Here is an update as of last night...

She left me a voicemail last night saying she only had one little thing to do to the seats and it would only take her about 5 minutes…and to come “tomorrow night” to get them, and that she was going to take $50 off the price. I thought that was very nice of her. She also said that she hadn’t actually had the seats for 2 months, and the rest was garbled so I couldn’t hear what she said after that.

She called me a bit later and told me the same things she had said in the VM, except she wanted me to pick them up WEDNESDAY now. So within an hour or so, the day moved back yet again. But she did explain that they have to do inventory at the store after she gets off work tonight so I understood that. I also thanked her very much for the discount.

I did tell her she has had the seats for over 2 months now because I dropped them off on Nov 7th, and she said “well, I had to finish the other seats first” and I realized what she was trying to say. OK, so a month and a half if you consider that, still not great, but better. But until I get the seats back from her, it’s hard telling when I will actually get them back. It could be 3 months from now, maybe a year, but I guess that’s what you guys think I should do huh? Haha, whatever.

I also asked her if she started the shift/ebrake boots yet and she said no.

Backstory about that: Before I gave her the boots, I asked her if she needed to take them apart to get the pattern (I just wanted some out of the other material and thread to match, and to be able to reuse these if needed), and she said she could get the pattern without taking them apart. A while later she told me she still needed to take them apart to put the new material on top and sew it all back together. I reminded her that I needed the originals back in the condition I gave them to her and she said she would just double up the material.

Last night when I asked her if she had them done yet, she said no, and that she still had to take them apart so she could put the material on and that it would take as long as it’s taken to do the seats. REALLY?! I again reminded her I wanted the originals back in shape so I could use them, and she said she’d just use vinyl for the backing.

So we'll see if she comes through this time or pulls her usual bs.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14

Dude, get those boots back before she rips them apart, never to be seen again, lol.

P.S. You're too nice. I'd be like, "You betta break yo-self b---h and gib mee 'dem @#$@%@ seats, foo!"

:lol:
one and one makes two, together we are free

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:14

^LOL, well I'm trying to be compassionate like some of the dipshits on 7club said...oh wait, that's the same forum where they tear people apart for not modding their car the way the club likes it LOL. They have the most assholes per capita on that forum and yet they're telling me to be compassionate. LOL Yeah, ok. I just told them to let this happen to them and see what they do.

Tomorrow my man, tomorrow. Hopefully, LOL.

Wait, my girl and I decided over a year ago that the words hope and change are banned from our language because they lack meaning anymore, lol.

Anyway, she told me last night "well I'm glad you told me now because I was going to take them apart". Yeah, I've told you like 3 times now. HAHA. I think she said they would be done by tomorrow afternoon too, but we'll see. I'm guessing no.

tsx_guy

Postby tsx_guy » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14

damn...i am going to have to see these seats if they are ever done.
"20<cut off="">"</cut>

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14

speedjunkie wrote: I'm guessing no.

So am I:p

6i_guy wrote:damn...i am going to have to see these seats if they are ever done.

Me too!

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14

You should have known better in the first place to trust someone that lives in Manitou!

She is probably high as a kite :lol:

Your seats are going to be tie die :)

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14

*DarthRX8* wrote:You should have known better in the first place to trust someone that lives in Manitou!

She is probably high as a kite :lol:

Your seats are going to be tie die :)

That's awesome, lol

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14

Well well well, I'm not sure what I expected.

I was supposed to pick them up today after work, but I was pretty sure I wouldn't for some reason. She left me a voicemail today while I was at work telling me that she had a doctor's appt tonight and forgot about it, and she had been putting it off for a while now. She asked me what time I wanted to pick up the seats tomorrow. Tomorrow you say? It's starting to sound like a broken record.

I called her back and she told me the same stuff, and asked me when I could pick them up tomorrow. I said well I can pick them up tonight. She said she wasn't going to be home tonight (I guess she's spending the night at the doctor's office that isn't even open at night in the first place, at least I've never heard of a doctor's office open 24 hours a day). I asked her when I would ever get my seats back, how many times she was going to keep pushing it back because we're up to at least 7 times now. She said she wasn't doing that, I told her she was full of it, and that she had done it 4 times in the last 4 days, even twice on Monday night. I asked her if I could pick them up 3 months from now. I said I was coming to pick them up tonight. She said she wasn't going to give them back to me until they're finished, so I told her I would be calling the cops to go with me to pick them up because she is holding my property. She said well if you want them back that bad, I'll go home and undo all the work I've done and give them back to you in pieces. Really? So you're going to take apart my seats even though I've paid you all that money? You haven't paid me all the money! Why the hell would I? She went on about how she's 75 years old (yeah, not 80 like she told me before, not that there's much difference and not like I'd trust a thing she says anymore anyway), and about how she doesn't have anyone to help her or anyone to talk to about all the problems she's been having. Funny, because I seem to remember a boyfriend that is much younger, and not only that, her son works right there in town too. She went through the list of problems...from health to family problems, making excuses as to why it's not done yet. What she DIDN'T say was how any of that was MY problem, aside from showing me with the timeliness of getting the seats finished.

She told me on the VM that she was going to be gone for her doctor's appt before 430pm. Calling her bluff, I drove by her house around 5pm. Lo and behold, her car was there AND the door was open! So I drove down the street to the police station and talked to an officer. I explained the situation to him and he said he would be able to go with me to pick my seats up, but if she claims they are hers we'll have another problem. I told him I had at least 3 people that had gone with me to her place, so they know the situation.

I had also called Frank to tell see if he wanted to pick up his seats, and I called Victor to tell him about it. He called her and she told him her sob story too. He called me back and said he would go with me tomorrow at 3pm (the NEW time for me to pick up the seats...no wait, the new time for her to give me a BS reason to not pick them up), and he said well, we'll see if she has 2 or 3 days of work left... I said oh no no no, we're picking them up tomorrow regardless, with or without police help. He said OK, I'm good with that.

I find it odd that she only had 5 minutes of work to do, yet she pushed it back yet ANOTHER day. I have a feeling she hasn't done shit to my seats. And if she pulls them all apart and they're not usable when I pick them up, especially when I gave them to her in usable condtion, I don't think I need to say what I'l want to do.

So we'll see what happens.

And they better not be tie died! LOL

WINGSPD

As if I have room to talk.

Postby WINGSPD » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14

I have beeen reading this saga and would recommend that you take what you can get from her as soon as possible. Stick to your guns about picking them up. Bring the Sherriff's Dept. (if at all possible) to be a witness and to help you keep control of yourself. I have bent over backwards to be accomodating to the same type of people, and it has almost always bitten me in the ass.
I am saying this though I, myself, have had a repair job that I have not completed for a customer of mine in over six months. But I didn't promise it to them at a specific date until recently, and I don't intend to break that promise. I also have made sure that my transgression has not impeded their operations, at considerable cost to myself, by insuring a replacement machine in the interim. I should do some of this work tonight.:o

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:14

I agree. If she had just talked to me when she first starting having problems, and gave me the option of taking them somewhere else, instead of lying to me time and time again about when they'll be done, I'd have been much happier about this. Although I probably would have gotten them from her and taken them somewhere else lol. I'm planning to go over there with Victor tomorrow and look at them and pick them up...however, knowing what I know now, I know she's just going to come up with another BS reason and I'm going to have to get a cop to go with me.

Good luck on your project!

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14

Damn Eric, this is past being comical, lol. The fact that she lies about it, completely discredits her. Any sorrow I felt for her situation (being an older lady and all) is gone.

Here's another epic statement from you though:

speedjunkie wrote:She said she wasn't doing that, I told her she was full of it, and that she had done it 4 times in the last 4 days, even twice on Monday night.

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14

Yeah I'm definitely not laughing at the situation anymore (wait, I never really did), only laughing at the responses of you guys and the guys on the other forums (such as on RCC..."the only option now is PIIDB") HAHA.

*DarthRX8*

Postby *DarthRX8* » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:14

Lets role over there 10 deep and ask for a status!

Seriously though, you should go and see what she has done. If it is nothing then get them back and go another route.

Return to “Interior Modifications”