Need help fixing interior scratches

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
mog1017

Need help fixing interior scratches

Postby mog1017 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:14

Hey guys. So after messing around on the inside of my car, I have a few panels that are a little scratched up. Is there a way to fix that? Just to throw some ideas, I don't know how far fetched they are, but could you use like a 2000 grit sandpaper to make it less noticable, or is there some sort of solution kind of like a rubbing compound (made for the inside) or something? I am just trying to clean it up now that I have stuff where I want it...

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:14

mog1017 wrote:Hey guys. So after messing around on the inside of my car, I have a few panels that are a little scratched up. Is there a way to fix that? Just to throw some ideas, I don't know how far fetched they are, but could you use like a 2000 grit sandpaper to make it less noticable, or is there some sort of solution kind of like a rubbing compound (made for the inside) or something? I am just trying to clean it up now that I have stuff where I want it...

What peices are scratched? Are they painted or is the the textured plastic that is scratched?

ImageImage

mog1017

Its the textured plastic. Right under the DSC button and where the where the passenger airbag sensor light used to be. And just various little areas around the car. The painted parts, like the silver sides of the center console, I assume I could just paint if I wanted...

GR-8

mog1017 wrote:Its the textured plastic. Right under the DSC button and where the where the passenger airbag sensor light used to be. And just various little areas around the car. The painted parts, like the silver sides of the center console, I assume I could just paint if I wanted...

I don't know of any way to "fix" the plastic pieces. I have a few scratches too. Many from when my car got broken into from them prying on my dash to get the HU out. The painted parts like you said just paint them.

Sorry I'm no help.

ImageImage

mog1017

Lol its ok :) At least I'm finding out it my not be possible...

GR-8

Only thing I can say is you can try some fine grit paper and try to lightly get it to blend. I would try it on a place you really cant see. The only thing with that is that the plastic might come out "white" looking. You may have to try and find some flat black that matches well and maybe touch it up after wards.

I say leave it because it may end up looking worse.

A helpful link. It might be possible. - http://www.ehow.com/how_7600305_repair-plastic-dashboard-scratches.html

ImageImage

mog1017

I will definitely try that...Although I don't know where I will plug in my heat gun just yet...

Return to “Interior Modifications”