Postby Number2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:14

My setup is:

oe stereo
oe speakers
monster cable kit
12" subwoofer
1000W Amplifier
Soundstream Digital Bass driver

I've checked fuses throughout; the fuse to the battery is good and the fuses in the amp are good. So I've pinpointed to be the bass controller. The light on the bass booster has gone out and the mini-controller (to control the sub level volume) light is out too. I tore up the carpet but nothing jumped out at me, so I talked to the guy who installed it for me two summers ago about it and he said that he had it wired it to a fuse. I haven't gone back to it, but I'm missing the bass in my face. Could anyone, electronically inclined help me get to the bottom of this? We would need to locate the fuse, and/or test the device itself to see if it works.

Beer/food/cash prizes will be involved.
"Littering, and?..."

Eclipse

Postby Eclipse » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:14

are you talking about the remote gain input? Do you have sound/power coming from the amp? what kind of amp?
Powerstroke 6.0

Number2

Postby Number2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:14

I'm not sure exactly how he had it set up. I'm running the bass booster to the 1000W alpine amplifier, which runs the subwoofer.
"Littering, and?..."

Eclipse

i can have a gander anytime next week if you feel like coming to the shop?
Powerstroke 6.0

Number2

Postby Number2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:14

And when I turn up the bass today,I discovered that there is no bass coming from underneath the driver side seat sub, and the passenger side seat sub rattles like bananas. The guy who did the install fell off the face of the earth and is nowhere to be found, so I can't ask him how we had it set up. I wasn't sure if I was even using the factory subs in addition to the subwoofer we installed in the trunk.

I'll see if I can come by Thursday next week? I have to be in Lakewood from 12-2, so I could come by early, or later in the afternoon. Whichever is best for you.
"Littering, and?..."

Eclipse

Number2 wrote:And when I turn up the bass today,I discovered that there is no bass coming from underneath the driver side seat sub, and the passenger side seat sub rattles like bananas. The guy who did the install fell off the face of the earth and is nowhere to be found, so I can't ask him how we had it set up. I wasn't sure if I was even using the factory subs in addition to the subwoofer we installed in the trunk.

I'll see if I can come by Thursday next week? I have to be in Lakewood from 12-2, so I could come by early, or later in the afternoon. Whichever is best for you.

ya, thursday morning is fine..
Powerstroke 6.0

Return to “Interior Modifications”