no sound from stereo?

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
alex_n/a

no sound from stereo?

Postby alex_n/a » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:14

I have an Eclipse cd5423 which turns out to be a pretty nice stereo. burns and rips cd's and stores music onto a small hard drive built into the stereo.

Anyway it powers on and plays cd's and radio, the thing that doesn't work is the sound. At max volume the sound coming out of the speakers is extremely weak. (speakers work perfectly i know for sure the problem is with the stereo.

I opened it up but I can't see any bad soldering or burned components. Anyone think I could fix it? I would hate to junk it.

Also, I fixed another stereo, but that one did not power on at all. so I opened it up fixed some of the bad solder in the terminals where the port connects to the harness. after I put everything back together I wired it in and worked great :D best part was I got it for free :1a98aa81:

I'm just saying this so you guys don't think i broke it or i don't know what i'm doing :lol: I'm nerdy sometimes (all the time)
89' rx7/ brought back to life/ now sold
96' Honda Civic cx hatchback midori green / stock / daily driver / 39mpg
00' Ford explorer xlt / winter work horse / 218k miles and running like a champ

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:14

Have you tripped the security feature on it? Not sure if when that happens, if it stops working completely, or if it only works partially, but worth asking.

alex_n/a

Postby alex_n/a » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:14

I'll look into it, but I don't think the security would limit the audio, maybe the features yes. thankyou.

alex_n/a

Postby alex_n/a » Fri May 06, 2011 9:14

I got it fixed. After hours of un soldering and re soldering I noticed a black stain on a small section of the printed board so I cleaned it and it worked perfectly :D Now it's going into my dads car since I already have a good one.

Return to “Interior Modifications”