Rx8 system?

Tint, Paint, Lighting, Comfort
mtnryan

Rx8 system?

Postby mtnryan » Fri May 10, 2013 9:14

Hey all
So yes I'm wanting to put probably 2 12" subs in the trunk and probably upgrade speakers as well.. So in short can the stock deck handle the upgraded power for the speakers... Or should I just getter metra kit and a new deck and kinda go dow that route?

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Fri May 10, 2013 9:14

I had some subs. 2 tens I think. Ran with the stock deck. It gave out a decent kick. I needed the trunk space so I pulled the box a while back. Never got to use them with my aftermarket deck. I custom built the box.

I dont have plans of ever using it again. So if you want to buy it we can come up with some price.

ImageImage

mtnryan

Postby mtnryan » Fri May 10, 2013 9:14

I think I might have to take you up on that..I'm sure we wil meet at some point and we can talk some more
GR-8 wrote:I had some subs. 2 tens I think. Ran with the stock deck. It gave out a decent kick. I needed the trunk space so I pulled the box a while back. Never got to use them with my aftermarket deck. I custom built the box.

I dont have plans of ever using it again. So if you want to buy it we can come up with some price.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

GR-8 wrote:I had some subs. 2 tens I think. Ran with the stock deck. It gave out a decent kick.

I did the same thing and have the same feedback. If you're just looking for a good kick, w/o winning any "system contests", this is quite adequate.

This was years ago, whilst still in my teens- thinking loud-obnoxious music was kool. I've since grown old and lame...enjoying my easy listening music at a tolerable level.
one and one makes two, together we are free

mtnryan

Postby mtnryan » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

Well I'm 19 lol..but not looking for the contest ideas..I'm just trying to figure a good way that if I want loud I can but I want a nice crisp sound

GR-8

Postby GR-8 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:14

kingtut wrote:I did the same thing and have the same feedback. If you're just looking for a good kick, w/o winning any "system contests", this is quite adequate.

This was years ago, whilst still in my teens- thinking loud-obnoxious music was kool. I've since grown old and lame...enjoying my easy listening music at a tolerable level.

Same thing happened here pretty much. Old age has kept me from putting them back in. But wired up to the stock rest amp they gave a nice kick that was not overdone.
mtnryan wrote:Well I'm 19 lol..but not looking for the contest ideas..I'm just trying to figure a good way that if I want loud I can but I want a nice crisp sound

You will be limited to what the stock amp can do and to the bass settings on the factory stereo. Nice thing though if you get the box you can always wire it up to a aftermarket stereo later.

ImageImage

Return to “Interior Modifications”