Mothers FX Synthetic Wax

Detailing tips, Pictures of your ride, Photoshop requests
Huzer

Mothers FX Synthetic Wax

Postby Huzer » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:14

Well, I used up the NXT 2 stuff that I had and figured I'd give the Mothers FX wax a try. Glad I did. I won't be moving back to the Meguiars. Not only was it easier to apply/remove, it also does a better job of hiding some micromarring (which really isn't the job of wax, but hey, I'll take it).

Now I'll just have to see how long it holds up. I definitely give it 2 thumbs up, though. And it's less expensive than NXT!

MazdaGurl

Postby MazdaGurl » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:14

Amen to that!! I use it also. It's what makes my baby all smooth! It actually holds very nicely.

Sheesh...thanks for reminding me that it's time to do it again though, LOL! I usually do it every spring/fall.

It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it.

Greek8: I swear Angie has some sort of freak car.

Huzer

Postby Huzer » Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:14

Revisiting. I applied FX to the Volvo in mid-May. Probably 2 coats (may have even been three) after my usual multi-step process for a full on detail. I washed the car yesterday (wish proper car soap) and...no more wax. I noticed in the rain a couple of weeks ago that it wasn't beading well. I used the paste version this time, I've previously used the liquid. Based on this experience, I would NOT recommend the paste version of FX, unless you like waxing every 2 weeks or so. I didn't have this problem with the liquid version. I'm rather disappointed.

Return to “Finishing Touches and Detailing”