Ok, enough Nissan, heres the ms3.

Detailing tips, Pictures of your ride, Photoshop requests
lectritian

Ok, enough Nissan, heres the ms3.

Postby lectritian » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:14

2008 silver MS3. Revised K04, Cobb sri, CP-E tmic, hypertech tune, NATOR test pipe, res deletes, turbo xs bpv/bov, TRZ rmm, NGK iriduims, Jbarone SSP, moddiction anvil shift knob, Ultragauge, Oil CC, Corksport boost tube, glowshift boost gauge, EBC red stuff pads, 10k hids, front split diffusers, NATOR washered SS, painted stock rims, etc........

roninspeed3

Postby roninspeed3 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:14

I like the wheels. Did you powder coat the factory rims? That is certainly the look I'm after......
2008.5 MS3 GT (Metro Grey)
Custom install-Parrot MKi9200
Garmin 1350T
Speed 3 CAI
TurboSmart BOV
VEI Vent Mount Boost Gauge
Yokohama W Drive - Winter
Mats and Cargo liner
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

lectritian

Postby lectritian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:14

No. sand, primed, painted stockers. Easy work.:)
2008 silver MS3. Revised K04, Cobb sri, CP-E tmic, hypertech tune, NATOR test pipe, res deletes, turbo xs bpv/bov, TRZ rmm, NGK iriduims, Jbarone SSP, moddiction anvil shift knob, Ultragauge, Oil CC, Corksport boost tube, glowshift boost gauge, EBC red stuff pads, 10k hids, front split diffusers, NATOR washered SS, painted stock rims, etc........

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:14

So does the flying M emblem on the back hatch leave holes when removed?

and off topic, but what's up with your username?

lectritian

Postby lectritian » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:14

dommo_g wrote:So does the flying M emblem on the back hatch leave holes when removed?

and off topic, but what's up with your username?

Yes it does. I wanted to debadge, and realized there were fugly ass holes. Didn't like the super chromed out "Mazdaspeed 3", emblem, so I went ricer and cut out "mazda", and flat blacked the speed and 3 decals to hide the sweet holes. Looks better then a chromed out Mazda and mazdaspeed3 tag. Plus it leaves people wondering what a SPEED 3 is. lol >lectriTian has been my member name, so I'm sticking with it. I'm also a commercial electrician, ironic, i know.. lol

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14

What company do you work for? I just started an apprenticeship through the union.

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14

dommo_g wrote: I just started an apprenticeship through the union.

Ouch, I'm sorry. Been there done that. Union = fail.
I assume you'll be driving the Dodge to the union hall;)
one and one makes two, together we are free

lectritian

Postby lectritian » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14

dommo_g wrote:What company do you work for? I just started an apprenticeship through the union.

I'm non union. I work for Lakewood electric company. The last two pics of my ms3 are at a prison we just did in Hudson. A good year and a half, with four more mirrored phases in the works. I do not get paid as much as a union electrician, but I always have work, and no dues. I dig it alot for its technical. Fun times.

erod550

Postby erod550 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14

kingtut wrote:Ouch, I'm sorry. Been there done that. Union = fail.

You'd be surprised how many people still consider SRT-4s to be "rice". They don't even care that it's a domestic if it's not V8 muscle.
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:14

kingtut wrote:Ouch, I'm sorry. Been there done that. Union = fail.

Fuck that. I don't play that shit. I drive my Hyundai Accent to work. If they don't like it, they can fuck off.

If there was another way to learn the trade for free, I would do it. But going through the union was the only way I knew of.

lectritian

Postby lectritian » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:14

We usually are the only sub that is non-union. I know plumbers that roll there evo's and sti's. They don't give a fuck if you roll a jap car. Maybe in the 70's they did! ha ha;)

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:14

Hmmm... I don't know. This was roughly 10 years ago. I was attending class at I-25 and 58th. You could park your foreign ride out on the street, but if you went in the gate with it, expect to get your ass kicked by some ' "hard", oldie, with a beard'

The Union will defeat any sort of individualism you've got left in you. If you're anything like me, eventually all the BS will get to you. Everyone is entitled within the walls of the blessed union. It's funny, employers become so wrapped around the axle and *****-whipped over daddy-union hall. I got fed up with my check being continually raped and working with people who had no goals/drive. The "free schooling" and "benefits" soon were far outweighed by the sweet smell of freedom;)

Good luck to you though dommo. Many people find themselves right at home-

kingtut

Postby kingtut » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:14

lectritian wrote:We usually are the only sub that is non-union. I know plumbers that roll there evo's and sti's. They don't give a fuck if you roll a jap car. Maybe in the 70's they did! ha ha;)

Oh yeah, on jobsites its not a problem. I was just referring to the union hall...

dommo_g

Postby dommo_g » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:14

I've worked union jobs before. Safeway warehouse long ago, and most recently Qwest. I know all about it. Some younger guys might fall into the bullshit, but I've been around the block.

You have to understand, I have no college education and I lost an almost $30 per hour job. Close to 6 figures with all the overtime. Over a month paid off per year and more coming in a couple years. Awesome benefits. Work I enjoyed. Going from that to working at car dealerships wasn't cutting it. I took what I could get. I'll take my training, get my license, do the best job I can and see where it leads me. Like I said, it was the only way I knew to break into the field.

If anyone else has any better suggestions, I seriously appreciate any insight.

lectritian

Postby lectritian » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:14

dommo_g wrote:I've worked union jobs before. Safeway warehouse long ago, and most recently Qwest. I know all about it. Some younger guys might fall into the bullshit, but I've been around the block.

You have to understand, I have no college education and I lost an almost $30 per hour job. Close to 6 figures with all the overtime. Over a month paid off per year and more coming in a couple years. Awesome benefits. Work I enjoyed. Going from that to working at car dealerships wasn't cutting it. I took what I could get. I'll take my training, get my license, do the best job I can and see where it leads me. Like I said, it was the only way I knew to break into the field.

If anyone else has any better suggestions, I seriously appreciate any insight.
No better suggestions, but that is pretty much what I did. I started non-union, green in the electrical trade, and worked my way up. Either way, you get those hours, union our non, and your set!

Return to “Finishing Touches and Detailing”