For sale: Pettit Charge Cool II SMIC, Banzai AST, Optima Red Top Battery

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
chickenwafer

For sale: Pettit Charge Cool II SMIC, Banzai AST, Optima Red Top Battery

Postby chickenwafer » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:14

Hey guys, I am looking to sell some items as I overhaul my FD this summer.

First up is a Pettit Charge Cool II (CCII) SMIC. I purchased this used last Christmas from the original owner. It works flawlessly with no issues to report. Replaces the stock intercooler with a much larger core. About as large as you can get in the SMIC location without relocating or running a smaller battery (I ran a group 51 Optima red top in the stock location without issue with this SMIC). Also includes the fiberglass duct to sources fresh air from the bumper.

Polished and comes with a polished aluminum pipe that fits the GReddy elbow (not included) and silicone hose that fits your Y-pipe crossover pipe. Includes all couplers (blue), clamps, the duct, and hardware for a complete install. This is a fantastic SMIC and you won't be disappointed!

I'm asking $550 OBO for CMZC members picked up.

All installed:

Front of the CCII:

Another angle, with the included piping:

Backside:

Included fiberglass duct:

Next is a Banzai AST. I purchased this new from Banzai roughly 1 1/2 years ago and it has seen all of 2500 miles of use. Basically brand new condition, nothing wrong at all, not rust, etc, I'm just going v-mount and deleting the AST.

Includes everything you would get from Banzai so the lever-locking cap and the nut and bolt to secure the AST.

Asking $85 for CMZC members picked up.

Picture:

Lastly I have an Optima Red Top group 51 sized battery. This thing is a BEAST! Purchased it 3 years ago IIRC but it still holds a charge like new! Never been dropped, beaten around, etc, and as I mentioned, holds a great charge. Has never left me stranded. Selling this locally only to avoid shipping hassles. Only selling because I'm going v-mount and need a smaller, crappier battery due to space constraints.

For CMZC members the price is $90 bucks picked up.

Thank you!

-Dave
:eek:

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:14

AST is sold

Lots of interest on the CCII on the nation forum but no payments yet. Would love to sell locally to avoid shipping hassles so make an offer!!

Again, the battery I would hate to ship so make an offer!!

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:14

I would say don't ship the battery at all costs. Not only would it be expensive, you'd have to take care of all the proper hazardous documents too. Ugh.

Also, I wouldn't leave it on the concrete, that tends to drain batteries for some reason haha.

RX-7 Chris

Postby RX-7 Chris » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:14

They are great batteries. My red top is on it's 3rd car and is over 6 years old and is still going strong.
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE [size=84]My restomod project[/SIZE]

1964 Ford Galaxie 500XL flat black w/ white interior, 2 dr fastback, 390 thunderbird, C6 auto, 2500 rpm high stall converter, shift kit, AC, Holley 750 cfm

[size=100]RIP 1983 RX-7[/SIZE]

My Car Blog

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:14

CCII is SOLD!

Optima red top is still up for grabs, local only.

speedjunkie wrote:I would say don't ship the battery at all costs. Not only would it be expensive, you'd have to take care of all the proper hazardous documents too. Ugh.

Also, I wouldn't leave it on the concrete, that tends to drain batteries for some reason haha.

Yeah, no way am I shipping that beast..f that! Especially because of the hazardous material charge and stuff. I would ship it only if someone paid for the shipping costs, which could run more than the battery!

And it's not sitting on the concrete, it's on a plastic spacer that comes with those batteries. Plus, I have a battery charger keeping it's topped off.

RX-7 Chris wrote:They are great batteries. My red top is on it's 3rd car and is over 6 years old and is still going strong.

Yes, I love it, and it doesn't sell locally, I might try making it work..but it would be a large hassle to get it where I want in the hatch.

thaipugg

Dang it 1 year too late

Postby thaipugg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14

I need that CCII

speedjunkie

Postby speedjunkie » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14

Weird. If you'd gotten on this forum back when I first told you about it you'd probably have that IC in your car right now. lol

thaipugg

Postby thaipugg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14

You know you got to tell me at least 3 times. When we all heading up to Denver to represent?

chickenwafer

Postby chickenwafer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14

Lol. I'm down for a rotary meet in Denver anytime.

jamiel

Postby jamiel » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:14

I'll take the red-top
IT-Works Computer Services 970-405-4399 http://www.i-t-w.com/
2003 Protege5
91 Protege LX (sold)
90 626 (sold)
90 Protege DX (sold)
81 VW Scirocco FSP autocross car.
SCCA RMSOLO COR region Chief of Safety- ask me about autocross

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”