2006 Mazdaspeed6 for sale...

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:14

Andyscums wrote:Is this still for sale

Yessir.

These links may or may not be helpful. I think I have about 6000 miles on the engine now... maybe a bit less.
http://www.coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=158321&postcount=14
http://www.coloradomazdaclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=158322&postcount=15

If you want the above (2) docos in a combined .PDF, I have that available to email. Although I may have given that you to you already. Image
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

roninsoldier83

Postby roninsoldier83 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:14

Just curious... is the car posted on Craigslist locally? If you truly want to sell it, posting on CL is free, takes only a few minutes and will get you significantly more traffic than you're probably seeing on it now; especially if you throw in a few tags for cars in the same class (Subaru Legacy GT, ect) and point out that it's both sporty, practical and AWD. Maybe even posting it on Cars.com or Autotrader might not be a bad idea. Sure, you'll get a few calls/emails from nimrods from time to time, but you're also more likely to attract a real prospective buyer. Certainly not a bad idea to update the original post with your current asking price as well.

Also, since you have a larger turbo with the normal bolt-ons added to it (sans downpipe), you might want to mention something about the car actually being tuned specifically for your setup... and if it's not, well, that's certainly something you should look into. I've been buying, selling and modifying years for going on ~15 years now and I know for a person like myself, seeing someone running a larger turbo without it actually being tuned for it would scare me away in a heartbeat. I get your argument of "some buyers might prefer the ECU to be stock" that was made previously, but the reality is, the car already has a Cobb AP, so the ECU isn't stock anyway; and for a modified car, I think people would rather see that you've had the car legitimately tuned so they don't have to worry about another motor popping on them.

I know if I was looking for another Miata, I would prefer to buy a stock version, but, if a person had modified the car, I would feel much more comfortable if I saw words like "professionally tuned by [insert name here] at Flyin' Miata". It would lead me to believe that the engine management system was legitimately tuned for that specific car and had a safe tune on it. With the mention of the car already having blown a motor, I would certainly want to know that if a bad tune caused the problem, that the problem had been rectified by a safe, solid, consistent tune (preferably not an OTS/canned tune, but some people would be ok with even an OTS map for a specific setup)

Otherwise, I think you would probably sell the car faster if you just sold the aftermarket parts and put it back to stock. At that point, you could still have a reasonable asking price (most people will pay more for a stock vehicle anyway) and you could sell your aftermarket parts to recoup at least a decent chunk of your investment.

It might not even be a bad idea to list your reasoning for selling, in order to explain to someone else that it's not just a car that you blew a motor on and are now desperate to get away from. Common reasons why people sell a "modified car":

-Family is growing and we've decided to get something bigger (i.e. SUV, ect).
-Bought another new car and don't have room in the garage for it anymore.
-"I love the car", but financial hardship has forced me to part with it.
-Kids are going to college and need to help them pay for it (or even- I can now get that 2-seat convertible I always wanted!)
-I don't get to drive it much anymore (hard to argue with a practical, 4-door, AWD vehicle that gets half-decent gas mileage haha!)
-My wife can't drive a manual. (<-----Kind of a cop-out, but legitimate)
-Want something that is better in the snow (again, hard to argue with an AWD sedan!)
-I'm moving and can only take 1 car with me.

Most people don't want to buy someone else's headache. Saying that "I want something better", doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. Especially when said vehicle has already suffered a blown motor and the seller is trying to unload shortly after replacing the motor with no explanation as to why the motor was blown and what preventative measures have been taken to ensure said motor does not blow again.

Truth is, if you really just have your eye on something "better" per se, you can always just trade the car in. Sure, you can sell it for a bit more private party, but trading in does have a few advantages:

-Not having to find a buyer for your current vehicle.
-Only having to pay taxes on the difference between the two vehicles! In other words, if you're buying a $30k car and the dealer is giving you $15k for your trade-in, you only have to pay taxes on the $15k between the 2 cars. Sometimes this is enough to make up the difference between the private party and trade-in prices. I.e. dealer is going to give you $1500 less than you can sell the car for, but in return, you save yourself from paying $1500 in taxes to the state of Colorado's DMV. At that point it's pretty much a break even situation IMO.

To be honest, I'm not trying to come off as a jerk whatsoever. I'm a former MS6 owner that has went through the buying, modding and selling game more times than I care to admit and am just trying to give you a few tips that I've picked up over the years. I'm just trying to help you sell the car. :)

Good luck either way!

-Brandon
AKA- [color="Blue"]arctic_blue83[/color]
Mine: 2015 Subaru WRX
Hers: 2013 Subaru WRX

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:14

From one Brandon to another, those are some great words of wisdom. Appreciated!
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

This is Bunny. Bunny has the following mods: BNR Supercars GT28RS TC - Mazdaspeed CAI - ACT Streetlite CK - Vibrant TIP - Extreme Turbo Systems TMIC - SLS Performance TP - Magnaflow CBE - James Barone Racing SSP & HSK - Cobb AP - Xcarlink iPod integrator - VG Sharkfin - RX-8 Wheels - Fiber Images CF Hood w/BCM accents

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14

well IF it is still available in april I may be interested. Thats bonus and tax season and I get them around the same time so I could have a better than decent down payment and just finance it through my bank. I wasn't really looking into getting into another car payment, but, I have seen this 6 and its easily one of the best maintained in the area.

With all that being said, hopefully come april we can work something out and make it happen. unless for some reason my speed3 is gone before then. :)

I like to plan ahead
Autotech fuel internals, JBR egr delete, JBR throttle body gasket, eBay catless dp, cnt cat back, port and polished intake manifold, cxracing fmic, Cobb turbo inlet, cpe CAI, turbosmart BOV, corks port short shift plate, corksport 70mm shifter bushings

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14

I expect it will be in my garage. =)
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

Andyscums

Postby Andyscums » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14

Well as long as my bonus is okay then it shouldnt be hard. Last years was 4k and we did 445million in parts that year, this last year we did 660+million and 420k car sales. So needless to say my bonus should be much better but at the least the same. So let's hope come April I will be ready to scoop this bad boy up.

Did you ever get around to doing those fuel internals? And can we set up a time so I can check it out within the next couple weeks?
Autotech fuel internals, JBR egr delete, JBR throttle body gasket, eBay catless dp, cnt cat back, port and polished intake manifold, cxracing fmic, Cobb turbo inlet, cpe CAI, turbosmart BOV, corks port short shift plate, corksport 70mm shifter bushings

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:14

No on the internals, but to be honest I just grandpa it around these days. I have been taking the occasional data log to maybe e-tune through Stratified so you can see that my pressure's look great at WOT, but I do know that internals do offer a bit of overhead. What I REALLY want to do is to get an aftermarket EBC, so that the tune can take advantage of its ranges and not tax the stock piece. Internals (so long as I live and drive in Colorado) are going to be a back-burner upgrade -- if it ever even happens of course.

Shoot me a text when you want to come by and see it/drive it.
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

Learjet45

Postby Learjet45 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:14

Any updates..?

Gonna be in the market for a new car soon, hopefully. I'd do just about anything for a Speed6.
[color="Blue"]2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i PZEV - Current Ride, 100% stock[/color]
[color="Gray"]2005 Mazda 6i Pebble Ash Metallic - Dead[/color]

~Barn~

Postby ~Barn~ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:14

Woo-Hoo! I got a showing on the car scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. =)
~Brandon~
Image 720.935.6438

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”