'90 RX7 Turbo

List your for sale, or wanted, items here. Pictures are required for all FS items. Minimum post count of 10 for selling any item.
Brigdh

'90 RX7 Turbo

Postby Brigdh » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14

I've decided to sell my white FC. Looking for $2000 OBO.

The car is a S5 TII engine/drivetrain swap into a '90 NA body. This was done by the previous owner as the original TII body he had was rusting out. Odometer lists ~115k mi

PO put on:
Lightweight flywheel and clutch
Apexi N1 catback exhaust
Koyo radiator
Aftermarket stereo system
tokico blue front shocks

I put on a Racetech 4009W race seat (still have stock seat), which should have about 3 years left on its certification and rebuilt the starter.

Mechanically, the car is great. Has always been reliable with minimal issues for a car its age. Registered in Colorado, clean title, passed emissions a couple months ago.

Visually, the car has issues. Over the past couple of months the body has developed the typical FC paint peeling issue due to the bad paint formulation Mazda used in the late 80s early 90s (pictures below). Interior is typical of a car its age, not in showroom perfect condition.

Probably would be a perfect donor car for a turbo vert or would be a good car to part out for someone with the time and space to do so.

D Walker

Postby D Walker » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:14

You know, I might have some interest in this. I am tied up this weekend but would not mind taking a look at it.
1986 Turbo FC race car, S6 13b, GOOPY Apex seals etc, GT35R, AEM EMS, lots more good stuff

RX8 World Chalenge Touring Car #7
RX8 World Challenge Touring Car #8

RXMiles

Postby RXMiles » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:14

Any chance the car is still available?

I already have two FC's and a TII swap sitting at home but I wouldn't mind having this.

Brigdh

Postby Brigdh » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:14

RXMiles wrote:Any chance the car is still available?

I already have two FC's and a TII swap sitting at home but I wouldn't mind having this.

Sending you a PM.

Brigdh

Postby Brigdh » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14

sold.

boosted12a

Postby boosted12a » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:14

sold to me :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] GTU Turbo II

Skye's7

Postby Skye's7 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:14

It's sold?!?!? Dang. Who bought it?

erod550

Postby erod550 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:14

Skye's7 wrote:It's sold?!?!? Dang. Who bought it?

lol??
2015 Ironman Silver Veloster Turbo - Bone stock and staying that way
1990 Crystal White Miata - Beater - Bignose 1.6L Swap, Robbins Top w/Glass Window, E-Codes, Air Horns, Brembo Rotors

Former Rides:
2011 Kona Blue Mustang GT 5.0
2009 True Red Mazdaspeed3 GT
2005 Flame Red SRT-4

chromal

Postby chromal » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14

Congrats to seller. Congrats to buyer. I'm a bit jealous, if I was gonna get into rotary, it'd be with something like a FC turbo drivetrain. :)

boosted12a

Postby boosted12a » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14

bought this car from brigdh , i noticed a exhaust leak but i trusted him when he said the car has no big issues. took the car home in a trailer i removed button cover to check the exhaust leak and notice right away 2 exhaust bolt broken and a oil leak, i ask brigdh about it he said he didn't know anything about it. i pull the engine to get exhaust bolt remove and whoever work in that car should not be allowed to work in a RX7 he drilled the housing and made a hole across oil pan , now i know why it was leaking oil thru the exhaust and the fresh oil in the car. UPDATE : next week my friend will use his TIG to fix housing , blind heli coil new studs, i ordered a new clutch kit plus a HKS intercooler and pretty soon to MR Body Shop for a paint job
Attachments
image.jpg

Brigdh

Postby Brigdh » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14

Sorry, I didn't see this earlier, I had to fly out for a work emergency Friday/Saturday, and was out of town Sunday.

I'm sorry you are finding more issues with it. I really didn't know there was major issues beyond it had an exhaust leak at idle that never bothered me. Previous owner assured me it was just a missing gasket. I didn't drive the car as much as I'd have liked (paid more attention to my daily and whatever car I was primarily racing at the time) but I never noticed any major issues with it. Oil consumption was within the normal range for a rotary and I usually changed the oil and brake fluid when I knew it was going to sit for a while to prevent any internal corrosion.

It sounds like you have the time and motivation to give the car the attention it deserves and will keep it on the street instead of in a junkyard. I'm glad it went to a good home.

boosted12a

Postby boosted12a » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:14

got it fix with a TIG
Attachments
image.jpg

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”